Good Drum and Bass Tracks?

The Derrit

Interesting, Hospital and Dieselboy. Those two are different as day and night in the d&b world.

High Contrast is what Hospital Records is known most for. You might want to check out Billion Dollar Gravy and the Weapons of Mass Creation albums. Large Amount of Soul is also making a big impact in the jazzy, funky d&b sound.

Dieselboy runs Human Imprint, which in recent years has gotten a darker sound. Ewun, Technical Itch, and a bunch of artists that DiabloShadow fit the bill. Offkey Recordings has artists that sound like this, I enjoy their music very much.

http://www.offkeymp3.com/artists.php

Interesting, Hospital and Dieselboy. Those two are different as day and night in the d&b world.

High Contrast is what Hospital Records is known most for. You might want to check out Billion Dollar Gravy and the Weapons of Mass Creation albums. Large Amount of Soul is also making a big impact in the jazzy, funky d&b sound.

London Elektricity is what Hospital Records is known for. Billion Dollar Gravy is LE's second album. (The third, Power Ballads, is better imo) The Weapons of Mass Creation series are compilations. High Contrast comes in at a close second on Hospital. Check out his albums Tough Guys Don't Dance and High Society.

I found Nu:Tone's latest album to be a little hit-and-miss, but the track System was bloody amazing.

I'm all over the older Hospital albums, most of which I've enjoyed a ton. Go back too far, like Ultrasound and the like, and it starts getting boring though.

Also, anyone got anything along the lines of Black Sun Empire? I loved their CD cruel and unusual so anything like that would be sweet too.

Good drum n bass tracks hmm? Look for any track by Dillinja, Pendulum, Shy FX and DJ Fresh!

Tracks you should download (like right nowww):

Dillinja- Tudor Rose Not quite check

DJ Fresh- Nervous Check

Pendulum- Another Planet (album version from 'Hold Your Colour') Check

Where can I find tudor rose? found a youtube sample of it, and i like it so far, but being at college I have to do things pseudo-legit.

Another vote for Penedulum. All of "Hold Your Colour" as well as "Granite"!

Lol Omg can't believe Zircon the Great has responded to my post indirectly! Hehe. Slightly off-topic, good job with the competition win Zircon!

Back to topic... if you lot like Drum n Bass, have you heard of Dubstep? Its a musical genre straight out the UK, (like a lot of things lol) which is kinda like an off-shoot of Drum n Bass. While its not as mainstream as DnB, it is beginnign to show signs of popularity as its being played more frequently across clubs here in the UK. A way to describe it is that its much slower paced but has still got elements of DnB's traditional hard hitting bass and pulsating synths. Oh and it does accompany rapping in some cases. An example of dubstep can come from the track Suspicious Thoughts by Skream (do check his material out too) on the recent Wipeout Pulse soundtrack on the PSP. Guess this is slightly off topic as well then.. ah well...

Calibre is always a good choice as is Fanu, Seba

look out for a record label called OSR (offshore recordings) plenty of good quality and original sounding songs on there.

If you want extremely hard,percussive and metal influenced DnB check out...

Current Value, Donny, Evol Intent,proket, Panacea and my personal fave Limewax.

(labels such as Barcode,Freak,Obscene,Position Chrome,etc)

those examples above are outside what id call "mainstream" dnb (Pendulum, their clones and the popular stuff that always gets played out in clubs).

Hope the list helps

As for Dubstep, id say its more akin to UK Garage or Grime.Gods of that style would be Boxcutta followed by Vex'd ,IMO of course.

Another vote for Penedulum. All of "Hold Your Colour" as well as "Granite"!

QFE, I couldn't agree more. One of my favorite tracks from that album was Plasticworld, which doesn't get much attention. Love it though, Granite was a doorbuster no doubt.

Back to topic... if you lot like Drum n Bass, have you heard of Dubstep? Its a musical genre straight out the UK, (like a lot of things lol) which is kinda like an off-shoot of Drum n Bass. While its not as mainstream as DnB, it is beginnign to show signs of popularity as its being played more frequently across clubs here in the UK. A way to describe it is that its much slower paced but has still got elements of DnB's traditional hard hitting bass and pulsating synths. Oh and it does accompany rapping in some cases. An example of dubstep can come from the track Suspicious Thoughts by Skream (do check his material out too) on the recent Wipeout Pulse soundtrack on the PSP. Guess this is slightly off topic as well then.. ah well...

I have heard of this, and I've got mixed opinions really. There are a couple tracks that are absolute gold but generally its still a little too meh for me. I like chaos in my music but most dubstep seems a little TOO grimy really. I like my Grime and DnB seperate.

EDIT: You guys are great, I've got a file filling up with these suggestions. JustChris, I checked out offkeymp3.com and its excellent thus far. Keep em coming!

He ain't strictly dnb but Orange Dust has made a lot of damned good tracks.

I've looked around online and it seems like archive.org is the only place left that has any of his music, and it isn't much of the total.

Hit me up on aim if you can catch me on, if you want to hear some of it. name is mobilisq

No one has mentioned LTJ Bukem yet. I'm very disapointed. Other artists I'd recommend are Baron and Concord Dawn (Morning Light is a great song).

Also, if you want some change, try Brazilian DnB. The Sambass collections are great, especially the second one and the second CD of the third one.

Ah yes LTJ Bukem.. the tracks to look out for are Demon's Theme, Music and Horizons

No one has mentioned LTJ Bukem yet. I'm very disapointed. Other artists I'd recommend are Baron and Concord Dawn (Morning Light is a great song).

Also, if you want some change, try Brazilian DnB. The Sambass collections are great, especially the second one and the second CD of the third one.

Ah yes LTJ Bukem.. the tracks to look out for are Demon's Theme, Music and Horizons

Never have I ever heard of this guy... looked him up on youtube, its really solid so far, a lot more relaxed than the rest. Its good stuff!

Since I'm getting all the suggestions here, I'll give one back. 1990s by L.A.O.S. is a rediculous track, kinda reminds me of Danny Byrd's Medical History album. Also, Song for Lovers by Bachelors of Science is great too, lots of strings, great groove to it. Got 'em both off of trackitdown, even though its rediculously expensive those two were worth it.

LTJ is one of the pioneers, grandaddies, of drum & bass. He was putting down tracks since the early rave days. You know those soundtracks from early Ridge Racer games? It's a bit like that.

I haven't gotten much in touch with the early drum & bass because I got into this style of music around 2000. My friend gave me Dieselboy's System Upgrade album for a listen so I got hooked more on the aggressive, techy sound.

Regarding Pendulum, I see quite a few here have taken a liking to them and I can see why. However, IMO their sound doesn't do it for me anymore. They narrowed their creativity in their most recent releases. 2005 Pendulum > 2008 Pendulum. Hardcore junglists think they sold out when they signed to the Warner Bros. label. However, they've paid their dues in the music world so they deserve it, and they can do whatever they want.

I haven't gotten much in touch with the early drum & bass because I got into this style of music around 2000. My friend gave me Dieselboy's System Upgrade album for a listen so I got hooked more on the aggressive, techy sound.

Have you heard Dieselboy's Dungeon Master's Guide album, pretty much the only thing I listen to now when I play a shooter or something fastpaced. Plus it has Optimus Prime talking through out it X3

Have you heard Dieselboy's Dungeon Master's Guide album, pretty much the only thing I listen to now when I play a shooter or something fastpaced. Plus it has Optimus Prime talking through out it X3

Dungeonmaster's Guide is too good. I personally like the Human Resource even better though, I'm a rower at college and its gotten me through just about every 6k and 2k i've pulled so far. Just keeps you going.

Regarding Pendulum, I see quite a few here have taken a liking to them and I can see why. However, IMO their sound doesn't do it for me anymore. They narrowed their creativity in their most recent releases. 2005 Pendulum > 2008 Pendulum. Hardcore junglists think they sold out when they signed to the Warner Bros. label. However, they've paid their dues in the music world so they deserve it, and they can do whatever they want.

Agreed. I'm interested to see how everybody's perception changes/stays the same with the release of the new album.

Tangent: some of their stuff is breaks, not dnb. Some other good breaks:

Mood Deluxe - The Tangent Universe (Donnie Darko samples/inspiration yeah!)

Far Too Loud - Louder Than Life vols 1,2,3 (This stuff is really funky. Songs to do the robot to. ;) )