Banjo-Kazooie - Mad Monster Mansion - Pendulum style WIP

Sole Signal

Eeeeyo. I like how everyone does Pendulum style stuff. While that may sound sarcastic, srsly. It's sweet. Keep doing it people.

Anyhow, onto criticism. For starters, the intro is kinda nonexistant. I think that the first beat drops too early, if you lets it play out and then bring in the drums, it might have more of an impact. Maybe toy around with that some?

Also, the complementary percussion is a bit weak. Not weak as in bad per se, but its quiet, to the point that all you can really hear is the snare (which sounds a bit standard as far as snares go), and the kick if you listen for it. The kick could use some major boost, and also I know there's other stuff in there, like a hat and whatnot, but its just about possible to hear it. So go a little crazy with the beat, try adding in little additions here and there to see what kind of accompaniment (spellcheckplz) comes out of it.

Instrument concern: I feel like the lead is kinda airy. I like the style of the sound, it comes off great, but it doesn't have a whole lot of oomph or velocity to it.

Instrument not-concern: Love the bells.

Instrument suggestion: This song wants heavy guitars. Badly. After the first beat left and the second came in, the very first thing I thought of at the end of the first stanza was "I hope there's heavy metal guitars."

Last of all, this is completely speculation and might not work at all, but I like the arpeggio. Something you could try doing later in the piece is put that in the forefront, and double the arpeggiator speed, to make a sweet meedlie meedlie. Anyhow, I like this song, so despite the crits I think it's going somewhere, and want it on the front page. Keep working at it!

Not gonna give you much feedback, just my thoughts on it. The Derrit got you a lot of valid and good feedback which I (to the extent I bothered to read) agree with.

There's enough bass in this. There's not enough drums, there's not enough kick. Then there's a whole lot of melodic stuff fighting for my attention, which is kind'a annoying. It sounds like bass and snare... and lots of melodies.

• 6 months later...

This song is completed and submitted, titled "Malevolent Mansion," and now features metal guitar from Nekofrog. It took me so long to finish because it took a while to develop a good snare that I liked. Here's a 2 min preview (the full song is over 4 1/2 minutes).

www.audixmusic.com/tracks/malevolentmansion_preview.mp3