Persona 3: FES + P1 & P2?

Schwaltzvald

I have some vague memories from Persona 1 back in the day. Apparently I liked it enough to play it through 2 or 3 times. Hope this helps some.

I never did try Persona 2.

On a side note is your friend just going to give you them for free or what?

For free yeah as he's too lazy to go about trying to sell it, a bit wasteful as I know he has a lot of stuff but he never tries to sells it. Either he gives it away or just throws it out. Mr Money Bags so to speak...

I'll take up on his offer :)!!

What will suck though is that despite me having a PS2 to play them on, I lost my old PS1 mem card. I'm gonna have to settle playing them on my PC just like with my RE2:DSE and Metal Gear Solid...

For free yeah as he's too lazy to go about trying to sell it, a bit wasteful as I know he has a lot of stuff but he never tries to sells it. Either he gives it away or just throws it out. Mr Money Bags so to speak...

What will suck though is that despite me having a PS2 to play them on, I lost my old PS1 mem card. I'm gonna have to settle playing them on my PC just like with my RE2:DSE and Metal Gear Solid...

Do yourself a favor and check the ebay listings for both. That should answer your question.

Well if they're free go for it :).

Do yourself a favor and check the ebay listings for both. That should answer your question.

Meh I wouldn't sell a game even if it's worth millions to some nutjob. Nor would I shell out millions as I value the entertainment side over the demands from some fanatics... Especially since they are PS1 games, making a "back up" in the case the originals die is hardly difficult...

Nonetheless, I'm picking them up tomorrow morning :)!!

Persona 3 was one of the best RPG's I played lately. It doesn't really give you any exploration liberty (something I enjoy), but it makes up for it by being obcenely long. It's also pretty costumizable, since the development of the main character is based on the huge number of choices you are given during the game.

I don't know about the FES version, but I suppose they couldn't screw the whole thing up unless they were really trying.

I never played P1, but I also enjoyed P2 a lot.

Meh I wouldn't sell a game even if it's worth millions to some nutjob. Nor would I shell out millions as I value the entertainment side over the demands from some fanatics... Especially since they are PS1 games, making a "back up" in the case the originals die is hardly difficult...

Nonetheless, I'm picking them up tomorrow morning :)!!

I'm glad to see you have principals. Let me know when you're bored of them and I'll gladly take them off your hands free of charge.

Persona 3 was one of the best RPG's I played lately. It doesn't really give you any exploration liberty (something I enjoy), but it makes up for it by being obcenely long. It's also pretty costumizable, since the development of the main character is based on the huge number of choices you are given during the game.

I don't know about the FES version, but I suppose they couldn't screw the whole thing up unless they were really trying.

I never played P1, but I also enjoyed P2 a lot.

Apparently FES fixes most of Persona 3's problems and gives it a proper ending. I'll ditch P3 for FES very soon.

But still, I think the old P2 was one of the best one of the lot. P1 was okay-ish, but just about every other RPG game on the Playstation stood out more.

So hey I just picked up my copy as I decided to go a day earlier thinking it may already be on shelves. Thank god as I saw 3 others picking it up and the last one is all mine. Still at work but nonetheless glad to have taken a bit of my lunch break to get it.

Now here's the kicker more or less... I just realized I'm flooded with titles. Already got Persona 1 & 2, now P3:FES, MGS:2 and 3 to try out, Valkyrie Profile, and last but not least Parasite Eve, (as that friend of mine was also giving ithem away to my surprise).

He won't give me any of the gradius games (god damn it) but the other two were fine with me along with the other two games he gave.

Now the biggest challenge for me is to balance my time wisely to make sure none of it gets in my more important affairs as well as getting the most out of the games.

So hey I just picked up my copy as I decided to go a day earlier thinking it may already be on shelves. Thank god as I saw 3 others picking it up and the last one is all mine. Still at work but nonetheless glad to have taken a bit of my lunch break to get it.

Now here's the kicker more or less... I just realized I'm flooded with titles. Already got Persona 1 & 2, now P3:FES, MGS:2 and 3 to try out, Valkyrie Profile, and last but not least Parasite Eve, (as that friend of mine was also giving ithem away to my surprise).

He won't give me any of the gradius games (god damn it) but the other two were fine with me along with the other two games he gave.

Now the biggest challenge for me is to balance my time wisely to make sure none of it gets in my more important affairs as well as getting the most out of the games.

You my friend have a LOT of games to play. :)

Out of curiosity when you do start playing the persona series, are you the kind of person who would start from the first one?

You my friend have a LOT of games to play. :)

Out of curiosity when you do start playing the persona series, are you the kind of person who would start from the first one?

Done it before with Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Kingdom Hearts and Megaman(X) series... So yeah I usually prefer to start from the first game of a series if the story for it is involving enough to warrant going in order.

Though to my understanding Persona 1 and 2 are not connected in such a way as they need to be played from the oldest to the latest... Unless I'm wrong..? If that's the case I don't wish to spoil my experience by playing something that may be superior to the older titles unless I've played the older games first already...