OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Maybe it would be better to remove the schedule. You can post the schedule here, that way the people who visit OCR and it's forum frequently will know, but others that don't will use the server at any time, keeping it well-populated. If they see a certain time period that states when the server will be active, they will avoid it, thinking that it's only open at a certain time.

Come on, I haven't received the blue screen of death in over 5 years and I randomly get it in TF2?! Completely random...

Anyhow, I learned a valuable trick from 101 uses for a dispenser - place it in front of a turret. Once the dispenser is up, they don't see the turret behind it. And even if it ain't up, it still takes fire while the turret blasts them over the rim of the dispenser being built. It took the enemy team a long time before they finally took the thing down, and most of the time, it was a level 1 sentry. Know that although I've been away for a little too long, I'm still ridiculously evil.

I may be on later in the week, and if not, I'll definitely be more active in two weeks when Marching Band is over (except for parades).

WindStrike...did you happen to get it while playing an Engineer on Dustbowl, after having built your sentry and hitting it with your wrench?

'Cause, I got a blue screen the other day (first one on Vista, actually) from doing that.

Nope. Completely random computer error as it turned out - twas playing turbine and fighting off two scouts and a soldier as an engi using my shotgun and the turret/dispenser combo, and then it suddenly blue screened for half a second before restarting the computer.

You're right. Gman killing someone with a sentry gun? That doesn't belong at all. You really are having problems with your video card. :<

Haha, Imagine a Sentry Gun resting on the shoulders of an Ubered Medic. A mobile, invulnerable automated turret.

Are you certain that is a graphics card error Xerol? I have a graphical glitch where the missile cart turns colors like a disco ball. Just assumed these to be glitches in the game.

Might want to check out this thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708995&highlight=resupply

Argh! We need people in this server! Anyways, I'd be interested in trying this map sometime too (I still haven't gotten a match on my updated map yet either, I'd like to see how it plays)

cp_avante_b2

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=719

Apparently it's a remake of a map from the original TFC, so it must be good. I took a look at it and it looks like a lot of fun, reminds me of dustbowl.

Argh! We need people in this server! Anyways, I'd be interested in trying this map sometime too (I still haven't gotten a match on my updated map yet either, I'd like to see how it plays)

cp_avante_b2

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=719

Apparently it's a remake of a map from the original TFC, so it must be good. I took a look at it and it looks like a lot of fun, reminds me of dustbowl.

I'd be up for playing a remake of Avante anytime. It was easily in my top 3 favourite maps back in the days of TFC.

Cave is hit and miss. I really love the hell out of it, cause its just a PL map that I really enjoy. But its really effected by the people playing it, just like any other map. Most of the time the server will clear out if you have a low user count at the first section of the map, and people get frustrated and leave.

My issue with cave is it kills my framerate. I normally get around 5-10 fps on all other maps in battle but Cave, I can just forget about playing competitively.

Also, Crowbar_Man asked a question in-game yesterday, but didn't receive an answer (I don't think). He was wondering why there were no OC remixes in the in-game !radio thing.

My issue with cave is it kills my framerate. I normally get around 5-10 fps on all other maps in battle but Cave, I can just forget about playing competitively.

Reminds me of playing on my old laptop. I was exceedingly happy when I finished building my desktop which can chew through TF2 like it was nothing. Oddly enough, despite a crappy framerate on that computer, I was a decent sniper way back with the pre-release beta, and was even a respectable CS:Source player with similar graphical performance. How I ever managed to headshot anything in retrospect is beyond me.

I've been tempted to spruce up the MOTD lately, using some techniques from specialattack.net:

How-To: Create a TF2 chalkboard style MOTD with HTML

and possibly some additional ideas from How-To: Put live server stats on your chalkboard MOTD.

I found out that TF2 stores its fonts on your system and you can copy them to your Windows fonts directory... and can thus use them in images for the MOTD.

Actually the "Rainwave.cc" channel is where the remixes are.

Also 10fps?? You need yourself a new vidya card, miss!

Thank you, I will let him know that the next time he comes online.

I recently installed a new graphics card, Sapphire Radeon HD 3650, this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102726 My computer is 7 years old though, so I am saving up to build a new one.

Reminds me of playing on my old laptop. I was exceedingly happy when I finished building my desktop which can chew through TF2 like it was nothing. Oddly enough, despite a crappy framerate on that computer, I was a decent sniper way back with the pre-release beta, and was even a respectable CS:Source player with similar graphical performance. How I ever managed to headshot anything in retrospect is beyond me.

It must be because you are skilled and managed to adapt to your computers limitations.

Thank you, I will let him know that the next time he comes online.

I recently installed a new graphics card, Sapphire Radeon HD 3650, this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102726 My computer is 7 years old though, so I am saving up to build a new one.

Odd...the 3650 should handle TF2 just fine at reasonable settings. Although if your computer is 7 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if the bottleneck is elsewhere. :P

Odd...the 3650 should handle TF2 just fine at reasonable settings. Although if your computer is 7 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if the bottleneck is elsewhere. :P

RAM was the first thing that came to mind... that's where my old computer's main problem lied for a lot of games.