OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I usually pay $10 a month because I have expendable income, and I like helping our more unfortunate admins.

They are poor >__<

So nobody got on today. Makes me sad that everyone is playing Left4Dead, and I have to wait till the 15th to be able to purchase another copy, as I made the mistake of ordering it off of Amazon for the 360. I do really want those TF2 action figures though. They would look great next to my Beatmania girls.

Hey, does anyone know if HLStatsX points go down over time? For whatever reason, my rank on the server is going up even when I'm not on... I was ranked 7 after the last time I played, and it has risen to 5 since then.

Edit: I also added some new maps to the server. If you've played on the Zora's Domain server, these maps will seem very familiar.

I also added the compressed version of arena_starship to the mirror... according to my logs, only the uncompressed version was there.

As another side note, if you want to download maps from outside the game, all maps hosted on the mirror can be found here.

Hey, does anyone know if HLStatsX points go down over time? For whatever reason, my rank on the server is going up even when I'm not on... I was ranked 7 after the last time I played, and it has risen to 5 since then.

What happens is users are removed after a certain time of inactivity, I think.

So...update time. And somehow, for some reason, it's for the Engineer and Spy.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2096

Enjoy!

Teleporters will be upgradeable to level 3. As the teleporter is upgraded, the cooldown will decrease.

Dispensers will be upgradeable to level 3. They will heal faster and generate metal faster as they are upgraded.

Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground.

We've made a bunch of minor changes by adding particle systems and upgrading the HUD to show things like deaths by critical hits, players that are overhealed, and giving more information to medics when people are calling for them.

Ah, after reading a bit more, they're NOT updating the classes (I mean, clearly they are, but it's not equatable to the Pyro update/Heavy update/etc). Just givin' 'em a little boost (for some reason, completely unsure of why).

The next update, officially, is the Scout. Yay!

[Edit:]

I'm pretty sure that the fact that Spies can recharge there cloaks with ammo found on the ground is going to break the game.

The next update, officially, is the Scout. Yay!

[Edit:]

I'm pretty sure that the fact that Spies can recharge there cloaks with ammo found on the ground is going to break the game.

Well it's about freaking time!! I don't think it will break crowded games, as everyone will more than likely be rushing for ammo, but in games of 3-3 or lower it will most definitely be broken.

So...update time. And somehow, for some reason, it's for the Engineer and Spy.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2096

Enjoy!

Fantastic news. I wonder how that will work though, is it just ammo pickups or can you also recharge it by picking up fallen weapons? It would be more interesting if you could only recharge your cloak by picking up the metal/ammo from destroyed enemy Engie buildings, that would make it more of an incentive to successfully destroy buildings. That would also allow for more reasoning as to what it is that is recharging the cloak, you could say it's batteries or fuel from the Engie buildings (Would also explain why the Spy seems so much more flammable than everyone else).

Whoah! that came out of the blue, sweet! Sadly I can't help but believe that this will encourage a ton more turtling, what with the upgradable dispenser, but the upgraded tele will be nice, however it's just another thing to waste metal on I suppose. Will you have to upgrade both halves I wonder? I also wonder if the spy will be able to get ammo for cloak while he's cloaked, cuz if he can then you'll be able to pretty much make it anywhere without worrying about running out of cloak. It'll be really nice though that you won't need to wait in between ventures to the other teams side, as when you're on your side you can just recharge with ammo easily, also I assume you'll be able to use enemy dispensers to recharge cloak as well... how devious. Interesting that it isn't a class update either, so at least there won't be a huge spy/engie rush.

Whoah! that came out of the blue, sweet! Sadly I can't help but believe that this will encourage a ton more turtling, what with the upgradable dispenser, but the upgraded tele will be nice, however it's just another thing to waste metal on I suppose. Will you have to upgrade both halves I wonder? I also wonder if the spy will be able to get ammo for cloak while he's cloaked, cuz if he can then you'll be able to pretty much make it anywhere without worrying about running out of cloak. It'll be really nice though that you won't need to wait in between ventures to the other teams side, as when you're on your side you can just recharge with ammo easily, also I assume you'll be able to use enemy dispensers to recharge cloak as well... how devious. Interesting that it isn't a class update either, so at least there won't be a huge spy/engie rush.

I can already think of uses for a level 3 teleporter. BLU on GoldRush part 3, last point for example... I really hate it when we have one TP and it takes f'ing forever to run back to the cart.

As for the cloak recharge... I'd like to know whether it works that way while you're disguised.

Just tried to join the server and received this error:

Host_Error: Server is enforcing file consistency for particles/water.pcf

The map is Goldrush

Did a search, but only returned results from Russian websites.

Oh, I see why, it's most likely due to Steams update today. No worries. My apologies.

To be more accurate, GameServers is saying it may take up to an hour to install.

Incidentally, during my own test server's install, the main wait time was waiting for Valve's updates server to respond, and once it responded, the install was done in a few minutes.

I really wish there was a way to see what exactly their server was doing.