OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the map rotation in #ocrtf2. The thing is, I crafted the previous rotation carefully to try to balance allowing 2-3 customs and the rest being the stock maps since they're generally better & more popular with more people. I was not happy about the rotation posted prior, and I think it should definitely be changed. I would do it myself, but I do not have an FTP program installed on this computer, and frankly I wanted some more time away from the forums/TF2 server until my house is fully cleaned.

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the map rotation in #ocrtf2. The thing is, I crafted the previous rotation carefully to try to balance allowing 2-3 customs and the rest being the stock maps since they're generally better & more popular with more people. I was not happy about the rotation posted prior, and I think it should definitely be changed. I would do it myself, but I do not have an FTP program installed on this computer, and frankly I wanted some more time away from the forums/TF2 server until my house is fully cleaned.

Thank you. The previous map rotation was great. This one gets rtv'd an overwhelming majority of the time. I don't mind alot of the maps in this rotation, but they can be voted at any time if enough people want to play them.

ok uh how does the heavy speeding up break the balance

its mainly to make it a viable choice in competitive play because of the initial rush to get to mid, where heavy is severely impaired due to his speed

i mean sure you could run up to someone but as soon as you pull out the shotgun youre back to slowmo so you can get maybe one quick shot in

You're right; for competitive play, this is a great idea: it makes the Heavy a more viable option while not making him much better (since competitive TF2 is more about speed and is therefore a lot faster). For pub play, though, it's just silly. Heavy isn't that hard a class to play (unless you're Rambo) to begin with as long as you turn around every once in a while...making him speed up is just unnecessary and potentially unbalancing.
im pretty sure the engineer bit was that you can upgrade stuff faster but cant repair broken stuff
Here is the exact quote: 'It does not allow him to upgrade them and repairs them at the same rate as before, however.' Seems pretty clear to me.
how does a fireproof suit make it any harder for a pyro to kill a spy if he has no revolver did you think about that at all
You just run away. Jeah, it takes away the ability to fight back but if a Pyro discovers you you're not likely to kill him regardless. You stand more of a chance simply running while taking 90% less damage than fighting and getting burnt.

I am really sorry I haven't been able to play lately. Life has opened it's goatse anus and taken a huge dump on me, and TF2 is either shoved to the side, or I'm too agitated and short-tempered to play.

Will try to get on more.

making him speed up is just unnecessary and potentially unbalancing.

Fun and balance aren't mutually inclusive. I almost typed "It's Valve" out of reflex, but that argument doesn't hold a lot of weight these days.

Anyway. We'll see how game-breaking or not it is when the patch hits; all I can say for now is that

is about to get a lot more awesome.

I've restored the old map cycle.

Seriously, though, FTP clients aren't exactly hard to come by, plus I had left the old mapcycle on the server (in mapcycle.old.txt).

You just run away. Jeah, it takes away the ability to fight back but if a Pyro discovers you you're not likely to kill him regardless. You stand more of a chance simply running while taking 90% less damage than fighting and getting burnt.

but theyre the same speed

if the pyro catches the spy in his flames he can just keep running with him

the only thing the spy can do is pray for a facestab

and i really dont get how you dont understand that heavy is the HARDEST class to play now

theres a reason that he's by far the least played

but theyre the same speed

if the pyro catches the spy in his flames he can just keep running with him

That's true...but the flame's hitboxes or whatever they're called in TF2 are bizarre to begin with. Now the Pyro's doing 90% less damage. It would take a long time to kill someone like that and while I'm sure it's going to happen a bit, it should be pretty easy for the Spy to get back to teammates.

Also, you have literally 10 times the amount of time to run away than a Spy without the flame suit on. I'd rather have 10 seconds to run away than 1 second to fight.

the only thing the spy can do is pray for a facestab
Everyone who hopes for a crit or facestab is mean.
and i really dont get how you dont understand that heavy is the HARDEST class to play now

theres a reason that he's by far the least played

Look:

http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php

Yes, you're right. Heavy is the least played class...he's also the class that gets the most kills per hour, along with being second in most points per hour and third in assists. Sure, he's the least played but it's not difficult to play him.

You right click and shoot things all crazy like, making sure not to put your head in front of a Sniper and at the same time remembering to look behind you.

I am the worst. Medic. EVER.

Maybe we should team up some time. ;)

haha that would be atrocious.

I'm a horrible medic and spy. Let's just make a team of horrible.

If we ever manage to get a regular only day, this would be a lot of fun :-P