OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

So we have 12 good for monday between 7-11EST?

Fireslash

Rambo

Bonzai

D-Lux

Vivi

Depo

Paranoid

Kiyobi

Clefairy

Atmuh

Pavlvs

Tran! (captain)

---------------------------------------

Backups or potential 3rd team:

!!

FROGG (8pm onwards)

Seldon

Chives

Garian (if he's not playing boarderlands)

Sensai (internets permitting)

Draken-Korin

People not bolded, let us know if you can make monday Nov. 2nd 7-11EST. If we get another 6, we can make 3 teams.

I hope everyone's still on for tomorrow? If not, let me know via Steamfriends, IRC or in these forums.

Still need 1 captain for picking teams.

the game now has not only teamtalk but teamtalk while dead (which was one thing that made people want to use vent)

so you just use ingame voice unless rambo has a vent server or something which i dont think he does

I don't have a vent channel. Fireslash can hopefully set his server up to be running team/dead speak. And I'd like 2 captains to pick teams. Any volunteers? We can switch the teams up as needed while in game afterwards.

I don't have a vent channel. Fireslash can hopefully set his server up to be running team/dead speak. And I'd like 2 captains to pick teams. Any volunteers? We can switch the teams up as needed while in game afterwards.

We'll just be taking over #2. The holiday event is pretty much over anyway, and #2 is a lot more reliable than BABIES.

The password will be ocrscrim.

Also, much like paranoid I totally forgot. I'm still game and will be showing up, but you might want to ping everyone on steam to make sure they remember.

<sarcasm>Yay for not going to work because I have pink eye</sarcasm>

We'll just be taking over #2. The holiday event is pretty much over anyway, and #2 is a lot more reliable than BABIES.

Yeah, as I recall, the last day for the event is today.

I was going to change the map list for #1 so that you can't nominate custom maps, but if you're going to be taking over #2 for other stuff, I may skip that for now.

Also, there's a reason I've been referring to #2 as "Custom/Events" when talking to some people.

P.S. I saw some people had changed #1 to be on koth_harvest_event earlier. I was all like "WTF?! We already have a 24/7 server for that!"

P.P.S. I did some configuration changes on #2. The next time it changes maps or is restarted, these changes will go into effect:

Alltalk is disabled.

Teamtalk while dead is enabled.

Maps are 30 minutes again by default.

Map cycle is restored.

Server description has been changed.

MOTD has been changed.

I have not enabled tournament/war mode or set a password... it's best to wait until actual scrim time for that, in case the server is restarted beforehand.

I'm still good for tonight. Not totally sure when just now. I'll probably have a choice of either playing at 7EST for an hour then coming back later, or getting on a little later at about 9 for the last two hours.

If I'm not on the server around 7 then just assume I'll be there around 9.

Server #2's config is now set for passwords and with mp_tournament on (assuming you guys wanted that).

However, people are actually playing on it at the moment... only 2, so I'll wait a bit before restarting it.

Thanks Powerlord.

a couple things

i dont think you should track hlstats on the scrim server thats kinda silly especially since until both teams ready up its pretty much free kills and stuff

also you can set up so you have a custom server.cfg file that has the cevo setups for ctf/cp/and attack and defense maps as well as enabling a password turning crits off and everything else you need and you can just exec them as an admin to fit whatever situation you want

i can upload the ones you need if you want we use it for fa scrims and things go really smoothly, otherwise you dont have turbine set up properly for example (20 minutes most caps wins is the way most people do it and a really nice way to do it imo)

also i might get on sometime tonight im not sure though

If this were Wikipedia, I'd say [Citation needed], since the only official source I see still says the 2nd.

However, there is a stealth update today, but no update notes for it yet...

it added bill's beret from l4d as a wearable hat for all classes

just watch on wednesday when everyone can play the demo BUY L4D2 AND GET BILLS HAT IN TF2 AS WELL

just start selling hats valve youll make a ton