OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Thanks a lot edgecrusher... you ruined my chance of hearing the commentary... lol.

I mean... don't listen to him! It's a Traaaaap!

trap_ackbar.jpg

ROFL :D I just figured Id tell him cause it confused the hell out of me too and no one on 4chan would fess up to it for a while, but then they put it in the MOTD on the 2F2F mario kart server.

I think the files deleted themselves when I quit the game, because I couldn't find them and could connect fine the next time I tried (after restarting steam).

I've seen him on quite a bit lately.

He's also been sticky camping, I told him to stop once but wasn't sure if he did or not.

Also

g0.png

Darlos has been around for awhile. I didn't see him doing anything that breaks the rules, but he is paranoid with his flamethrower. But that's a good thing to be as a Pyro, especially if you had spies that were like they were last night. One of them just kept making a fool out of me because I was retarded, so I went Pyro and torched him a bunch.

Flamethrowers are *ideal* stress relievers.

It could be the manner in which you spy check, Bleck. If you're running around like a crazed lunatic with your flamethrower constantly going, that's more memorable than if you methodically check your teammates.

Either way, keep spy checking, man. Bloody spies, destroying everything our engineers create....

As Triad mentioned, there's a huge difference between shooting your teammates/where people would be and just holding down your mouse button and picking up ammo as you go, constantly twirling about in circles.

Seriously. It's absurd. I mean, he does his job....but damn.

just holding down your mouse button and picking up ammo as you go, constantly twirling about in circles.

I got frustrated by an incredible spy one night. This is exactly what I did. It was incomprehensibly effective. Well... against the spy that is.

Is there a way to disable "team scramble"? Especially since it crashes the server?

A bunch of us got to try pl_strider tonight. It was disappointing without 24-30 people. Also, it needs way more metal and health packs once there's that many players.

Conclusion: cool idea, shows promise. With a few things fixed here and there, it could be much better.

NO, RESUBMIT

Is there a way to disable "team scramble"? Especially since it crashes the server?

I've disabled its plugin, although I haven't removed its item from the admin menu. Chances are the plugin will stay loaded until the next server restart, too... I'll probably restart the server tomorrow during one of the dead periods.

From what I can tell from the plugin's thread, it has conflicts with Mani Admin and Beetlesmod, at least one of which we also have installed.

A bunch of us got to try pl_strider tonight. It was disappointing without 24-30 people. Also, it needs way more metal and health packs once there's that many players.

Conclusion: cool idea, shows promise. With a few things fixed here and there, it could be much better.

NO, RESUBMIT

Tonight was pretty great, I got to hear the famed arena commentary (brought to you by ham!) but it was great when the "scramble teams" thing popped up, all you could hear is "Wait... Doesn't that crash the ser-...DISCONNECTED"

But yeah, strider is interesting and i'd like to try it with a full server (which will probably never happen) but with too few people it's not terribly fun.