Star Wars: The Force Unleashed demo on Live and PSN

bustatunez

Something else to note as that when I switched TFU Demo on, my sound system switched straight to DTS (Digital Theater Sound (I think)). That's right - Star Wars DTS. I don't think I've seen anything else Star Wars that has that. Ever.

That aside in its awesomeness, does 50% of everything in that game blow up? I chuck an object at something and it turns out to be an explosive crate. ... which is awesome, cause then I get to see the whole DMM thing with objects. The only thing they don't really seem to have is weight/gravity. It seems everyone/everything falls the same speed. Ah well... that demo was freaking awesome.

It seems everyone/everything falls the same speed.

if the physics are based off of a real model, you really should have expected this

now if you'd said that force pushing a single trooper through a stack of tie-fighters has the same effect as force pushing a tie-fighter through a pile of troopers, then we'd have a problem

now if you'd said that force pushing a single trooper through a stack of tie-fighters has the same effect as force pushing a tie-fighter through a pile of troopers, then we'd have a problem

If you get enough momentum going, you can blow up a tie fighter by chucking a storm trooper into it (I'll have to check that actually). So no, it's not. I'm saying that everything falls the same speed. Oh well, it's fun that way.

Also, I already found a small little bug. If you use your lightsaber x3 and then press the force button, Starkiller will do this triple lightsaber hit combo followed up by a force shockwave and pushes everything around you up (it's good for distrupting if you're surrounded). So I did this to a door and it pressed it upwards slightly. After doing it about seven or eight times, there was more than enough space under the door for three people to fit, but I couldn't go through. Additionally, after doing a charged force push, I had the door corners inside of each other.

Later, once you get into the wide open area, when you enter the building with the elevator, the walls and the floor are not connected. There's actually a slight gap between 'em.

Aside from that, it's really fun just going in and screwing around and trying to bug the demo and what not.

I'm saying that everything falls the same speed. Oh well, it's fun that way.

And I'm saying that if you've even taken an elementary physics course, you should have known that all things fall at the same speed regardless of mass. (Ignoring air resistance, of course)

Wasn't this assuming that all exterior factors such as air resistance were removed from the equation and both objects were in freefall?

yes, and I think it's fairly safe to assume that most or all of the interact-able objects in the demo have such a low surface-area to mass ratio that air resistance is a non-issue when comparing freefall speeds

I mean we're talking about steel chunks and humans here, not elephants and feathers

They... did... WHAT?!

Wonderful. Just another thing I won't be able to afford for quite a while.

Yea, they said something about "not wanting to make a game that'll work on all the possible system specs for computers", which is something video games have been doing for how long now? I mean, I understand the physics engine looks like something you cant really tone down, but isn't that what minimum system specs are for? They're probably just terrified of piracy, if you ask me.

Yea, they said something about "not wanting to make a game that'll work on all the possible system specs for computers", which is something video games have been doing for how long now? I mean, I understand the physics engine looks like something you cant really tone down, but isn't that what minimum system specs are for? They're probably just terrified of piracy, if you ask me.

what the hell did they thing Crysis was