PRC131: A New Season (The Elder Scrolls Arena)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 131

PRCv6-01

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

After the great turnout from the anniversary edition 130, it's time for a new season. Rexy did an amazing job and now it's up to me to handle the PRC Contest. Before round 130, Setokaibarocket's song was voted first in a challenge against Binweasel in round 129, where Okami - Cursed Shinshuu Plains, selected by Hylian Lemon, was remixed.

Setokaibarocket could think very well about the source, because round 130 was a special round and after thinking well, he decided to chose a game which hasn't been remixed in the PRC before (if I checked it correct) and, of course, the source hasn't been covered on Overclocked Remix as an OC Remix. We aren't doing Final Fantasy this time, but we are going to remix a DOS Game:

PRC131a.jpeg

Before Morrowind and Oblivion, and indeed, Daggerfall, this was the game in which the world of Tamriel made its debut. This particular tune is played in game when you've broken into a house and are going around looking for loot whilst periodically fighting random blocky-looking enemies. I could only upload an MIDI cos I couldn't find the MP3 ~anywhere~ (I guess it's cos of its relative obscurity) but in the game it's pretty much the same, just played with a different DOS MIDI bank anyway..

Anyhow, enjoy! Let's kick off the sixth year of PRC =D

Ah yeah, it's The Elder Scrolls: Arena, not simply Elder Scrolls: Arena, don't remember if I accidentally called it the latter or not

The Elder Scrolls: Arena - Sneaking

MIDI

I just listened to the source and I must say, it's a nice source to start my PRC run. The game is really nice and you can remix this song in various styles. I didn't play the game myself, but The Elder Scrolls: Arena seems to be very interesting.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SUNDAY, October 19th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.. I hope I did everything correct with the timezones. You have a small day extra because I'm not able to check the state of the contest on Saturday.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Oh lord, Seto submits a source that isn't Fire Emblem for once. :lol:

A little abstract to open personally, but you're right in that it can be open to quite a few different interpretation styles.

Similarly, you managed to open the sixth season well. But remember what happened in that guide and be aware of coding mistakes, like someone would no doubt bring up with the bulleted list (sorry ^^*).

Concerning time zones, you're just about an hour out at ThaSauce - 12 noon EDT is actually 9AM PDT. I hope this helps out.

But still, this is a good start so keep going.

Emm, that's Morrowind in those images there.. But I suppose you prolly did that deliberately 'cos you couldn't find some Arena images, so I guess that's ok =p

Here's some images for sig-guy (sorry, I forgot your name, whoever-it-was-who-did-the-sigs, eheh..)

Boxart:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Image:NA_Arena_BoxArt.jpg

French boxart (I tend to prefer it, despite the lack of revealing women, haha)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Image:Arenaboitefr.jpg

I fixed everything, everything should be good now.

The confusing in timezone is that the difference here with GMT is 2 hours in my timezone (The Netherlands), I'm used to 1 hour.

If I'm correct, the difference with ThaSauce and my timezone is 9 hours (later) and 6 hours (later) with the Eastern US Time (Which is mentioned here at Ocremix in the PRC Threads).

A bit late, but nothing happend so:

Here's the voting stage

We're starting with three entries. Not a bad start, but of course not better as the last round.

The mixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun!. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third

- State a reasoning for it.

Contestants can't vote for themself, but they receive an added first place. The winner of PRC129 (Setokaibarocket) has a vote that counts twice. You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, October 22th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time at 11:59AM EDT to make your vote.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC132!

OneUp - Do Not Be Sneaky

Bundeslang - Sneaking in the Arena

Evktalo - Don't Rush It

It's results time.

After the amazing last round, we got less entries and votes (of course). This round is just a normal PRC. Here we go:

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 7

Highest possible score - 21

Evktalo is the first person in my period who gets the last place wooden spoon, with 12 points.

Bundeslang improved himself and he didn't get the last place for the first time in the PRC, the second place, is worth 14 points.

And the winner of PRC131 is OneUp with 18 points!

OneUp, you opened the new PRC year and you also win the first round. You're entry was very good and now it's up to you to bring the new source tune for PRC132. Remember to not submit a song that has been covered on OCR before. You can take a popular game (Like Mega Man 1 Wily Stage 2) or a less popular game (like Godzilla for the NES). Songs from site Projects are also available.

I'm looking forward to the source tune which should be submitted in two days (before October 24th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time). You should send your source submission (with a MID file) to me by PM. Don't forget it.

;)

Sweet, even the wooden spoons got transferred over. :lol:

I would have thought that a three-person PRC would be tricky to handle for your first gig, but you got your maths done right. Well done on your first PRC hosting job - I'm glad everything went together very smoothly.

One last thing though - OneUp doesn't have an "s" in his name; he has nothing to do with Mustin's band of the same name. :P

This is a bit late, but thanks everyone for a good round and the feedback in the votes. Either some of you are very kind or you really thought better of my submission than I did. ;) Justin64help, I'd be interested if you did go into more detail, even.. or perhaps especially if it were blunt. :) Though it's probably a bit late now. re: live, Binweasel, I do cheat, I record in bits, this time I could keep the guitar arpeggio together for about two bars each pass. I probably should do a mix based on what I actually *can* play.

--Eino