mirror's edge 2-d demo

halc

This little beta/demo was way more fun than I expected it to be.

In fact, it just made me realize something: this is the answer to the Sonic problem. This demo captured almost exactly the kind of fun that Sonic hasn't been in ages. Throw some bumpers, springs and Robotnik in there and we have the first good Sonic game in years.

I'm not even a Sonic fan. It's just been on my mind today. :|

Damnit I cant navigate to the damned bag near the beginning of the level, where the game instructs you on running up a wall, with a platform just out of reach.

I can get to the hoop system no problem but the damn one that requires a relatively vertical dismount, no matter how long i swing, is constantly out of reach of whatever her name is.

Aggravating

This little beta/demo was way more fun than I expected it to be.

In fact, it just made me realize something: this is the answer to the Sonic problem. This demo captured almost exactly the kind of fun that Sonic hasn't been in ages. Throw some bumpers, springs and Robotnik in there and we have the first good Sonic game in years.

Besides Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure?

Damnit I cant navigate to the damned bag near the beginning of the level, where the game instructs you on running up a wall, with a platform just out of reach.

I can get to the hoop system no problem but the damn one that requires a relatively vertical dismount, no matter how long i swing, is constantly out of reach of whatever her name is.

Aggravating

Same here. I spent about an hour and a half trying to get it right, and once, just ONCE, I made it up, and then, of all annoyances I didn't manage to get all the red things. Other than that though, this game is surprisingly fun, for having only a one button control scheme (well 5 counting the arrow keys).

I think that's what you meant to say Dhsu.

Nope, I think he meant Rush and Rush Adventure. :P

And yeah, I'm going to echo the sentiments that this would make an astounding Sonic game. The speed is there albeit toned down, and you can do all sorts of acrobatic stuff which leads toward a more impressive platforming experience.

As for the demo itself, it's extremely impressive and actually a lot of fun. I'm actually excited to see more of this.

Best record so far for me was 192 red things and 8 bags. Got the one at the beginning not by taking the loop system but by lucky jumping accident(Edit: actually, I figured it out. You hold the jump button as you climb to get more air). I too can't seem to get the appropriate angle for the jump. That's where the final red things are all at I think.

As for the last bag, it's under the final red crane, but in a little alcove that I have no idea how to reach. Any ideas?

Just got 49.63 on my best run so far, there's a few spots though were you can really pick up speed if you do it right.

If you've gone through the trail so fast. How in the hell do you get those red things up at the top with those stupid ass hoops? Me and my roommate tried it for a good solid hour and we just gave up after that.

When you jump, press the direction that you want to go, there're 3, straight up, diagonal, and straight sideways. Get a little momentum then just before jump hold up, up and to the side, or just side. It'll line up perfectly with the hoop if you choose the right one.