Can someone tell me what's up with this sword?

Thin Crust

Theory #2: it's the blade's self-regeneration device. Swords, even well-made ones, become chipped and dulled after a few uses. This device solves the continual-reuse-of-the-same-sword problem inherent in all final fantasies by detecting cracks/dullness and reallocating metal to the needed areas.

Oh, rule of cool, right... nevermind.

I betcha at some point in the game he'll put the FF Crystal into it somewhere and cause it to become the uber-awesome pwnage of amazingness weapon that will be replaced in post-plot content... Oh wait, wrong developer...

Ok so it's probably just a crapload of pointless machinery attached to the hilt of a big sword for no reason whatsoever, because that's just how they do it.

[/thread] 10 chars

No. That's not the thread.

This is a problem that has been annoying me for a very long time and by fuck we need to talk about it. I'm in desperate need of a satisfying RPG and the developers need to get a fucking life. That sword is retarded and doesn't even look cool. There hasn't been a good RPG since Crisis Core and that was a spin off.

I'm really mad at them. I don't know who to blame it on, so I'm blaming it on "Them".

No this is a problem that has been annoying me for a very long time and by fuck we need to talk about it. I'm in desperate need of a satisfying RPG and the developers need to get a fucking life.

Ever tried Phantasy Star series from sega..? heard a lot of good things from others that have played them...

What exactly do you mean by a satisfying rpg..? Details plz...

What exactly do you mean by a satisfying rpg..? Details plz...

A captivating storyline for starters. And yes, I have ideas. I would right one if I thought it would actually make it to a game or even a variant of it.

Second off: A protagonist that will get the fucking job done. I'm tired of pansies and pussies. Put Megaman in an RPG already ( I didn't say a Megaman RPG) or someone like him. He just kills the bad guys and moves on. I'm tired of pansies and pussies. Give me a real Hero.

Ryu Hayabusa is an awesome protagonist. He kills evil relentlessly and still shows affection where we desire it. Batman is another prime example. RPG makers please indite your hero material from examples such as these.

Other disgruntled people feel free to pitch in. I'm mad about it.

I can think of one other guy, but in your eyes he may not count on par with the likes of Megaman or Ryu H.; although he did pull a "Jesus" so idk...

I'm kinda surprised none of the recent 360 rpgs got your attention considering how plentiful they are and other members here seemingly able to enjoy them.

I assume you've already played Chronotrigger so..

You can try... Chrono Cross? :<

Romancing SaGa II is a rather interesting game in that you're playing through generations of a family lineage against 7 supposed "heroes".

I'm sure others can contribute more choices that meet your criteria. :)!!

You're talking in the past Bro. I played ChronoTrigger and I liked it.

Funny how you mention the 360 having good titles but you don't name any of the titles that are allegedly good. I have a 360 and I've played RPGs on it. They suck. Sorry to be direct but they do.

No kidding I didn't mention any because 1.) I got a PS3, and 2.) the one's that I've played on one of my friends' 360 blow dead poodles...

I can mention someone like say Laharl from Disgaea; The plot is imo interesting but I actually didn't notice it too much because I was simply enjoying beating the ever living shit on whatever enemy I came across; course the game pretty much condones that and more but I find it rather funny that the plot seems to take a back seat temporarily for the gameplay. It worked I say.

Persona 3:FES/Persona 4 are rather good so long as you can get over the seemingly heavy Japanese overtones and the pseudo-dating-sim game within the games. The weapons for the most part reasonably realistic (if that is much a huge concern with you) which the exceptions of a couple of characters; sock puppets and the aluminum bat joke weapons being the most powerful :lol:

yeah for the most part I'm just mentioning Atlus published games as they are for now, in my view, as the more prominent ones besides the FF series.

Oh yeah also Valkyrie Chronicles from sega :)!!

Edit: Essentially I'm just suggesting niche games but hey you never know until you try via rent or borrowing.

No. That's not the thread.

This is a problem that has been annoying me for a very long time and by fuck we need to talk about it. I'm in desperate need of a satisfying RPG and the developers need to get a fucking life. That sword is retarded and doesn't even look cool. There hasn't been a good RPG since Crisis Core and that was a spin off.

I'm really mad at them. I don't know who to blame it on, so I'm blaming it on "Them".

The hell it's not. The man asked what the deal with the sword was; we answered him. The part he's asking about exists for no other reason than because Japan thinks it's cool. That's what the thread was for, to answer that question, not for you to vent your nerdrage.

Incidentally, that's an absolutely retarded thing to get angry over. What, do you think that the video game industry is interfering with your God-given right to quality RPGs by refusing to release a game that lives up to your personal standards of excellence? If you don't like recent RPGs, don't buy them. It's that simple. There's nothing for you to get angry over. Anyway, Crisis Core was released like, what, a year ago? Woe is me, I've gone a whole year without playing the newest "BEST GAME EVAR!!!1". :roll:

If you go into a game with the attitude "IT MUST CONTAIN X, Y, AND Z" then obviously you're going to be disappointed. Games aren't custom-tailored to your tastes; they're designed to appeal to the widest possible audience. Try going into a game with an open mind and enjoying what's there, rather than hating it because it's not what you want it to be. Have you played Fallout 3? There's an RPG on the 360 (and PS3 and PC) that's generally considered a good game. And hey, the main character's only a pussy if you are! Surely you're up to the challenge. I've heard good things about the storyline, too, though I couldn't tell you any details as I generally try to avoid spoiling that sort of thing for myself. Other good 360 RPGs? Try Eternal Sonata. That was fun -- good characters (none of whom are "pussies and pansies"), unique story, interesting battle system.

There, two recommendations. Go forth and enjoy. Or keep bitching; whichever you prefer. But don't expect us to justify your righteous fury because you happen to dislike the new RPGs coming out recently.

Other good 360 RPGs? Try Eternal Sonata. That was fun -- good characters (none of whom are "pussies and pansies"), unique story, interesting battle system.

Oh man I forgot that was on the 360 as well as the PS3. :lol:

Speaking of ES, I saw this on the wikipedia article on it..

The story caused a bit of confusion due to a certain vagueness upon initial release, and was modified a bit, in particular the ending, for the PS3 rerelease.

Major reviewers gave the PS3 version an 8.7 and the Editor's Choice Award, with praise for its extension of the storyline, the inclusion of new playable characters, and the inclusion of other extras, such as new dungeons and customizable characters

wut..?

how about unicorns and rainbows!! fucking diablo iii the graphix are too much colors they should be dark browns and blacks and red blood!! :evil::evil::evil::evil:

itt Darkesword wins.

no actually I'm pretty sure they're designed to appeal to the 'omg anime so kawaii yaoi bishounen kingdom hearts my sword has motorcycle' crowd

hey screw you and your KH-hate, thems games was good

First things first. The hilt of that sword is clearly a motherfucking bottle opener. Open your eyes.

Have you played Fallout 3? There's an RPG on the 360 (and PS3 and PC) that's generally considered a good game. And hey, the main character's only a pussy if you are! Surely you're up to the challenge.

Truth man. My character has armor that would make King Arthur shit his pants and a plasma rifle stolen from a piece of the mutilated corpse of the last asshole to try to mess with me. I'm so badass that people's heads spontaneously explode when they meet me. And by spontaneous I mean I introduce a plasma charge to their face, just to kinda say hi. Good game.

no actually I'm pretty sure they're designed to appeal to the 'omg anime so kawaii yaoi bishounen kingdom hearts my sword has motorcycle' crowd

You just described "the widest possible audience" in Japan. Blame the Japanese, not me; I'm just the messenger.

(Seriously though, Japanese companies basically don't give a rat's ass about anything but Japan. Their attitude is basically "North America will take what we give them and like it"... sadly, many people DO.)

hey screw you and your KH-hate, thems games was good

I don't hate KH

You just described "the widest possible audience" in Japan.

yeah people in japan liking japanese things is no big deal

people in north america liking japanese things because they are japanese things is kind of terrible