X-Men Origins: Wolverine

XZero

This movie has Gambit in it?

Is he awesome? Gambit was always the awesomest X-man. I mean, his power is "makes stuff explode". And he's Cajun. And he beats people to death with a big stick.

He better be awesome.

he's ok. a little whiney kid stuff, but he still beats the shit out of a lot of stuff. like a nuclear power plant exhaust funnel.

with a stick.

I tried what I usually do with X-Men movies. Forget whatever I know about the comics and try to enjoy the movie. The action was nice, but then came the portrayal of Deadpool and it was just terrible. TERRIBLE. You can't forget Deadpool and accept what they did to him.

I tried what I usually do with X-Men movies. Forget whatever I know about the comics and try to enjoy the movie. The action was nice, but then came the portrayal of Deadpool and it was just terrible. TERRIBLE. You can't forget Deadpool and accept what they did to him.

I thought Deadpool was pretty cool, functioning as an incomplete Weapon XI. I've never even so much as held an X-Men comic in my life, so the only thing I have to go on are the movies, but what was so bad about him?

Well, this is unfortunate news...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/979/979654p1.html

I can only hope they can do better, but I doubt it highly....

To be fair, I didn't see Wolverine yet, but this was the same sentiment I had walking out of each X-Men film and it only got worse with each sequel. And that's the usual trend with Hollywood films.

I like Jackman as Wolverine, but each X-Men flick became less about X-Men and more about Wolverine (and some x-people) and subsequently sucking more. The consensus seems to be that Wolverine disappointed just about everyone. I don't know how it can get any better, if the X-Men movies are any indication...

So far the only people that have told me they liked the movie are people that A) are such hugh jackman fanboys they'll go see anything with him in it, or B) people that know jackshit about the comic books or just enough to know that Wolverine was in x-men and maybe who gambit was.

B) people that know jackshit about the comic books or just enough to know that Wolverine was in x-men and maybe who gambit was.

That'd be me. Of course, when I saw Dragonball: Evolution a few weeks ago, I walked out of there feeling like it was the worst piece of shit I had ever experienced. I'm still not sure if it's just because of how big of a Dragonball fan I am.

My only argument in favor of Wolverine is that I don't believe it was objectively bad. I don't think it was a bad movie so much as a bad adaptation based on the criticisms. On the other hand, I believe that Dragonball: Evolution was both a bad adaptation and a bad movie, so that's how I differentiate the two. That returns me to your point, EdgeCrusher - if it was that bad, I think people who fall into category (B) would have hated it as well, just as many of those people hated Dragonball. Naturally that doesn't justify the apparently terrible adaptation and the proven abuse of Deadpool, but I still feel it stands in defense of the movie as a whole.