OCR01084 - Secret of Mana "Pure Lands (Total Darkness)"

djpretzel

CotMM caught me off guard here, this remix differs from their other remixes. Ruined World might be something like this, but this arrangement really is relaxing. The strings and the bells is soft and beautiful, an ice ave comes to my mind while listening. The drums however stood out pretty much compared to the more calmer insruments, but they helped this arrangement to gain some rhytm.

Soothing as a comfy couch filled with soft pillows. Nice work.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

This one is amazing, and has made it into my top ten on this site.

I'm also sad that this the only remix on this site of this song. It's a fabulous song in the original game. It's simplicity, beauty, and mystery are excellently woven together. The percussion in the remix of this -- well, let's just say I never would have imagined making this song into any kind of rhythmic tune, but shockingly (for me), it works, and it works well.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I find this journey of a soundscape incredibly relaxing, with the drums grounding everything rhythmically. Have used it time & time again in sleep playlists. Some might say that means it's boring, but it takes incredible skill to craft a deep calming atmosphere like Pure Land (Total Darkness). This is my absolute favorite from CotMM.

• 9 months later...

Love that glassy pad. The solo drum loop stands surprisingly well on its own, hypnotic stuff. The drum programming in general is impeccable, amazing work. Definitely cleaner than older stuff, but it loses none of the mystery and atmosphere. Heck, it might be the best one I've heard so far. Amazing mix. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01084 - Secret of Mana "Pure Lands (Total Darkness)"