Mac Vs. PC

I feel like I am probably the only member who works in MAC.

That's because you don't make music with the Mac or OS X but with your sequencer software ;). That's what counts. Forum member analoq uses Logic afaik.

Also, a better thread title would have been "Any Logic/ProTools users here?". Furthermore, check the OCR Cribs thread - enough people with a Mac. Not the majority, but certainly more than just you alone ;)

The graph doesn't say much about how proficient ppl are in those programs... or how active the people are.

Of course not, how do you expect anyone to extrapolate that data when it's not available?

I think the FL dominance among posted remixers isn't that great, tho it may very well be #1 anyway.

The discussion is not about posted remixers. Just about users here, which the graph is likely a fair representation of.

Wow so FL runs the beats here huh... I guess that's understandable. I'm not surprised to see the true professional end applications in small numbers.

Does FL7 Pro have rewire so I can use it in ProTools or another PC based DAW, much like you can Reason in Logic or ProTools? I'm thinking of reinstalling that on my PC side to familiarize myself with the interface, but only if it doesn't run in a stand alone shell.

Oh & I titled it that because of the argument "which yields better results for audio, PC or MAC." I know it's probably a touchy matter here too, but I was curious.

I'm not surprised to see the true professional end applications in small numbers.

Have you listened to the remixes here on the site? Can you identify for me which ones were made with FL Studio? Without looking at the composer's profile to see what they generally use?

If you can't, what you're saying here is pretty damn ignorant.

Really, anything hosts VST or AU plugins - except for Reason. Even Reason doesn't sound like Reason. The reason FL Studio sounds like FL Studio in a lot of cases is simply because people don't venture go beyond the standard samples and plugins.

When a plugin is running in there and you use that, the host doesn't matter. When you are using a sample library, even the plugin doesn't matter (unless you're talking about typical features not found on other samplers).

Does FL7 Pro have rewire

Fruity, Producer and XXL have this as a feature.

Oh & I titled it that because of the argument "which yields better results for audio, PC or MAC." I know it's probably a touchy matter here too, but I was curious.

It's not so much that it's touchy - it's just a rather silly comparison.

When you're making music, are you dealing with OS X or your Mac? No, you're dealing with Logic. The application is what matters - your plugins are what matters, and if one of the two runs what you need, that's what you pick.

Yoozer chill,

You missed it with my Pro Application remark. Go into a professional grade studio and see what apps they interface with for DAW's... watch the statistics change. I said it because well... what are the pro's using? One of my best mixes came from ACID so I completely agree with you. Also will XXL bundle your plug-ins when you save project and create a folder hiarchy for the whole thing so you can run it stand alone (without the plug-ins/samples installed on the other machine)? I also feel that they are pro because go try and hack ProTools... you can do it but it is a bitch, same with Logic. Anti-piracy helps define your pro-status, I mean shit, I have to carry my iLok every where and I hate that.

I agree with concept of "just using an app" but the more stable the OS the better the application runs, because YES you are dealing with OSX first then Logic. And the way these two OS' (XP v. OSX) interact with your hardware matters. If I boot into Windows XP the BIOS has lots of trouble with using my Digi003 (mostly slow loading and constant tones saying "found new harware"), were as when I boot into OSX EFI has no trouble making the necessary adjustments. Go perform live... gonna use a windows based PC? Most people wouldn't, I don't doubt that probably your PC is some exception to that stereotype, but stereotypes exist for a reason. I do some work in Windows, and I do some in MAC becasue my MAC does both OS'.

Not trying to step on toes.

Anti-piracy helps define your pro-status, I mean shit, I have to carry my iLok every where and I hate that.

If that's the case I don't want any "pro" software. I have no patience for kids who steal software but at the same time I refuse to support companies that treat you like a criminal with dongles or other invasive anti-piracy measures.

"which yields better results for audio, PC or MAC." I know it's probably a touchy matter here too, but I was curious.

It seems you've already made up your mind on this subject so I can't conceive why you even bother bringing it up... unless you just want to make an ass out of yourself, which you seem to be succeeding at.

:lol:

Of course I look like the ass. People are twisting clarifications. No worries.

:tomatoface:

I just wanted to know what the dominate DAW's were in use so when trying to help others I would know what sort of interface to talk through. Rule of averages I guess. I have that info now.

Somehow along the way I said FL was bad software, and MAC were better than PC's etc. That was not my intent. I use PC... love my PC, ACID, Reason, and Cubase... I even amateur master in Sound Forge because I love that app. too.

When I got formally trained in Audio Engineering I noticed definite differences between the apps/plug-ins I used before hand, and the ones I use now. I never used a MAC before either, now its all I want to own... they're just so $$$, but I have two.

The BIOS talk; seriously?! It was all just over the fact that I run Boot Camp on my MAC, I notice a difference with how my drivers load in Windows verses how they load in MAC. I won't argue the merits of Windows OS verses MAC's OSX, this isn't going to turn tech... each has there own pros & cons. But I will say that loading hardware interfaces with a MAC is as easy as plug & play. Were as with a PC you must install drivers before it can fully utilize the interface, most of the time.

I only brought up the whole concept of MAC's Vs. PC because I thougth I would get interesting responses since most of the users here were PC users. You all probably had some interesting querks with how to handle the PC, I wanted to know those. Probably the same way MAC users reconfigure coreaudio. Everything about making sound is interesting, every proceedure. I wanted to talk about noticable differences between to things not spread anger for have them.

Can we lock it? Too touchy.