OCR01855 - Mega Man 2 "The Wily Malfunction"

djpretzel

Brilliant. You've taken a very limited source and made a great, powerful listening experience. The crunchiness of the sound has real muscle and the 'floating' melody is superbly executed. Another winner from one of the brightest stars of OC Remix.

• 5 months later...

Great conceptual mix! The extended amounts of distortion and intentionally-"bad" sound are a bit off-putting when I'm just looking for something to casually listen to, but that's not really what your music is good for in the first place. It's a lot more about picking apart the concept and inspiration for the mix and watching something truly unique unfold everytime a new Mazedude song comes up. This is a truly creative concept with brilliant execution, one of my favorites from Chris's vast library!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I love the Dr. Wily Stage 1 and 2 VGM as much as anybody else here I'm sure, but Stage 3 and 4 theme is the most underrated track on the entire OST, and Mazedude's remix does not disappoint. The original track is basically going up the music scale chromatically which not only gave a sense of finality to Mega Man 2, but also works well with Mazedude's style - which I would describe as 'slightly uncomfortable-enjoyment'...? If that makes any sense...

Took me a while to warm up to Chris's style but it just somehow clicked with me recently. His remixes require a bit more oped mindedness than most other remixes on OCR, but that just encourages more listens:-D

On a side note, I wonder if Disasterpeace was ever influenced by this remix. Fez's soundtrack has a lot of similar elements with the chiptune/crunchiness. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01855 - Mega Man 2 "The Wily Malfunction"