Which PS3 Game to get?

Overflow

Yo

I recently got a PS3, and I have ratchet & Clank, Uncharted and Gran Turismo 5 Pro. for now. Obviously, I need to get some new games, but I can't decide which.

Right now, I'm trying to decide between Resistance, Sonic's Genesis Collection and Warhawk (I'm excluding MGS4 because I'm only 1/2 way through #2). Which would you pick, or can you think of something better?

Actually, I'm really debating getting Resistance 2 and skipping 1. 1 has a "Brown-Gray-bleh" look and feel to it, but the second is big and colorful and interesting. Obviously, the problem is the story. Is it like the Metroid Prime games, where playing them in order is not required? Or would it be wiser to play 1 first?

Bioshock is another one I'm looking to get, as well as Dead Space, but I want to get it from my workplace cause I'll get a discount and $20 off one purchase, and neither of those games are there right now.

Anyways, I just need some help and advice. Thanks in advance!

I'd prefer Bioshock or Dead Space on the PC tbh. Dead Space would probably work on a console, but it seems like the kind of game you need a mouse for.

If you want some light free fun I recommend Saints Row 2 or GTA IV. You'll struggle to find a game that has more customisation and fun than Saints Row 2!

Guitar Hero games are always good for having friends around. Got Guitar Hero 5 coming out soon.

Yeah, I'm lookin at getting Guitar Hero for PS2 since it should have USB plugs. Does it? Do any of the guitar heros use USB on PS2?

Reason I'm asking is because I want to use them as midi instruments in Garageband. I know Rockband instruments will work, but the guitar hero hardware is better.

Does anyone here play Warhawk? Is it any good?

Another game I'm looking at is LBP, that's an obvious no-brainer, but maybe not better than other games.

Man, I love CGRHD. :razz:

As much as I want games like Dead Space and RE5, I promised my parents that I wouldn't get anything to bloody or mature while I live with them. Mature games are okay, as long as they're not over the top, so I'll have to hold off on Deadspace.

Disgaea 3 looks complicated!!! I couldn't follow a single thing that was going on :P It looks a bit like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, just a lot more complex.

BlazBlue and Street fighter also look really frustrating. I like certain fighting games, but when you need to memorize hundreds of moves for different characters, that's a bit too much. I just found Mortal Kombat on the Genesis and I can't figure out how to do fatalities! I'd really like to get good at these games, especially Street Fighter, but I don't think that'll happen unless someone who's really good teaches me.

Valkyria Chronicles? Isn't that the game that has Skies of Arcadia characters in it? Man, I loved SoA. I need to find it again.

Infamous, definitely. I just started it after beating uncharted and batman, and its good funs.

I also second the option of saints row 2. I played it on 360 originally, but just bought the collector's edition for ps3 for 29 bucks at gamestop new. Check it out, great customization, and loads more fun than gta IV.

Both Resistances aren't that great - 1 is better than 2 though.

I agree with most of this statement. I played resistance 1 and really got into it, it really hooked me for a while. I loved the narration between levels, I thought that enhanced the game experience a lot. It was mysterious and ominous and interesting.

I would say Resistance 1 was a very good game. As far as the second Resistance, there are much better options out there...like figuring out Disgaea 3, lol.

Well, as soon as you have the opportunity/desire to get a mature rated game, Bioshock is a must-have. There are very few games out there that immerse you so entirely in an environment (no pun intended, as you're underwater the whole time.) It is definitely a very gory game though, so be prepared. You WILL see mutilated bodies around almost every corner.

Man, I love CGRHD. :razz:

As much as I want games like Dead Space and RE5, I promised my parents that I wouldn't get anything to bloody or mature while I live with them. Mature games are okay, as long as they're not over the top, so I'll have to hold off on Deadspace.

Deadspace contains a lot of horror scenes and elements in the gameplay. Without fail, it's the most gory game I've ever played. It's beyond mature, and frightening enough at times that even as an adult, playing it in the dark gave me the jitters. The saving face of the game is that it is a third-person shooter which makes it feel more like watching a scary movie than like being in the situation yourself. Better to hold off on it, as it does get way over the top.

Bioshock is a good middle-ground for fun first-person shooters with a decent storyline. The bodies and people in the game are mutilated, but it's a result of their own insanity and desire to look different rather than any true horror or torture methods. The content is mature as it deals with murder and insanity in a very confronting manner, but it's all done in a clever story-telling manner, meant to give you depth-of-story over shock horror.

I highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, and Arkham Asylum.

Disgaea 3 may look complex and difficult, but generally its learning curve is gentle enough that you can get into the game. If you have problems, you can always grind up levels to fix it. Honestly, Disgaea is much more free-form and far less restrictive than the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance series. It's closer to the original Final Fantasy Tactics in customization, but honestly it's a lot easier to pick up, in my opinion.

Arkham for the PS3 has the advantage of having the Joker challenge modes as an exclusive, which proves to be fun and interesting.

Something that kind of bugs me about bioshock...

People now are saying that it's easy to describe the gameplay of the Metroid Prime games, by saying "It's like Bioshock." Shouldn't it be the other way around?? Metroid prime came out first :?

Anyways, Bioshock and Deadspace are at the top of my "Get when I can" list, but I have to hold off for now.

I'm surprised no one's really talked about LBP. That game looks to have a lot of re-playability.

What's strange is that in most places I've been to (Barring EBGames/GameStop), I've never seen Valkyria Chronicles or Disgaea. Most stores are filled with CoD, and whatever's popular at the time, lol.

You can play Disgaea 3 without having played the first two.

There are however some characters that appear that have made their appearances in previous titles, especially Laharl (Disgaea:Hour of Darkness} and Adell {Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories}. If you want to know their stories you'll either have to read up about them or play the first two games; which are also available on portables (Disgaea 1 on the DS/PSP and Disgaea 2 being rereleased on the PSP this coming monday)

Deadspace contains a lot of horror scenes and elements in the gameplay. Without fail, it's the most gory game I've ever played. It's beyond mature, and frightening enough at times that even as an adult, playing it in the dark gave me the jitters. The saving face of the game is that it is a third-person shooter which makes it feel more like watching a scary movie than like being in the situation yourself. Better to hold off on it, as it does get way over the top.

I didn't find it that gory myself. I mean yeah you sever the limbs of some weird alien mutants the whole time, but it's not even that graphic. A little spray of blood maybe and the limb falls off. There are some little cinematics that are worse than that, but they're few and far between. And I still find it hilarious that anyone can find the game scary. There's too much action for the tension to build if you ask me, and anyone's who's watched even a handful of american horror and sci-fi classics should be familiar with every trick they use already.

Anywho, get LBP when the new edition comes out. Also pick up Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, Ratchet, and probably some more I'm forgetting off the top of my head (I've been up for twenty minutes and I'm not a morning person). If you want a Resistance game, get 1. It wasn't overly original but it did what it did quite well. Resistance 2 was just a mess of poor pacing, at times unfair gameplay and a story that barely made sense.

Thanks for your advice, everyone. Due to limited selection and my enjoying the demo, I decided to go with WarHawk (Which, normaly $30, cost me only $5 with all my discounts!).

I keep losing it, but does anyone know the location of Clan OCR these days? I really should update my friend codes/PSN/XBL things.