What has gaming gotten you into?

duskvstweak

Remixing.

Though to be honest, I didn't know that's what it was called back when I started learning to play things like the main theme from Ghouls 'N Ghosts, "BMG 6" from Master of Monsters, and the ending theme from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest on piano/keyboard. I was just interpreting the multiple instruments into a version that could be played with two hands.

Videogames were a huge inspiration in my young years for drawing. Ever since I came up with my one character I had him appear in many videogame ideas, just like Mario HAS to appear in just about EVERYTHING.

Videogames also destroyed my neighbourhood peace for some reason. Once I had my own SNES and Donkey Kong Country 3 all hell broke loose in the streets and kids started to hate each other (true story).

They also contributed to years of isolation and insomnia, which I'm still paying for today :D x_x argh!

But mostly good stuff came from it :)

frickin final fantasy 1 and this french presentation i need to finish...... by tomorrow.

a lot of trouble, i'll tell you that.

Ditto. Along with the sleepless nights and a general decline in work eithic and motivation.

It also got me into some of the most hilarious times of my life

Electronica, rock (sort of, my love for rock was already starting to gather momentum before that) and VG music in general. Deus Ex and Unreal Tournament were the two that kicked it off.

Unreal Tournament FTW.

and of course music, and this site. Video game music means more to me than video games do at this point in my life.

and of course music, and this site. Video game music means more to me than video games do at this point in my life.

I hear that. I seem to only replay some games now because OCR has changed the way I see their soundtracks. Lot's of times, when I play a new game, I look forward to going on OCR right after to find the remixes for that game.