OCR01918 - Xenogears "Zeno Paradox"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

Yeah, this one has grown to be my favorite (and probably one of the most objectively-amazing) songs off of Humans+Gears. I don't even know where to start. The 2:14 transition is flooring, the unorthodox sound effects used really make the mix. The mastering and stereo effects are also masterfully done, I really, REALLY enjoy listening to this on a nice pair of headphones or on a nice car stereo.

Reading about the amount of work that goes into your songs is pretty insane, Eliot. It's a shining example of how you can take a great-sounding idea and turn it into a great-sounding song. One of my favorite songs, period!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OMG, The intro is sheer amazing.

DJP describes it as Mongolian throat singing-esque. It reminds me a lot of what the background music would be for a nature documentary panning across some sun blasted salt flat. Either way, it's absolutely stunning and captivating.

Yeah, I know this was taken from the "Gears" album, but I really love the choir. It really gives this track a human feel to it, and there's probably something to be said for that.

But this mix is dripping with personality, and it does a lot of just unconventional things, like mixing ethnic/choral aspects with a dark industrial feel. And the transition and melding between the two is flawless. This is such a wonderful track because there is nothing else out there like it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

At a new listening of the album, I've rediscovered this mix, really AMAZING ! The samples used for percussions, for voices, for violin are great. And I love the combination of atmosphere sounds and powerful electro rhythm. I didn't repair the track at my first album listening, but now I can listen it in loop :)

Hoping listen more mix in this particular style !

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, great combination of sounds; I especially like how the marimba-like synth fits in. The vocal chopping is a nice shift for the track, unexpected but pleasant. The glitching in general is well-executed and reminds me of Zircon. Haunting and psychedelic mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01918 - Xenogears "Zeno Paradox"