Post-MAGFestivities 8

Level 99

I'm down with whatever you guys have in mind. It'll be a nice drive for me, but I have no problem making it. I would attempt to come down tomorrow night, but with the radio show lasting until 10, I can't expect anyone to want to wait up for me until 1am. Unless you're like, not in bed until 5 or 6am...then that's different..but otherwise, I'll just go to bed and wake up early.

So yeah, let me know please, because I don't want to miss out.

I'm still figuring out how to do all this. In regards to OCAD, I just discovered the first half (the portion where we had to stop temporarily because of a recording issue, though it seemed fine) ended up completely garbled. I'm hoping to lift the audio off of the video from Brushfire next time I see him, but since the laptop still only worked for half the time (and is STILL not running audacity, it keeps crashing) I have no idea how we're going to do OCAD anywhere but my house unless something changes. Y'all are welcome here for that, and it would probably make Dyne's drive down easier, pretty equidistant from everyone. Much appreciated your offering of your place, diotrans and Palpable, but it'd only be a logical option (because of extensive driving) if we did OCAD there as well, which I just can't see happening without a reliable laptop. Heh, first the Mac loses the Christmas podcast recording, then the laptop garbles half of the magfest recording. Note to self: laptops are evil.

Right now, unless there are any objections, here's the tentative plan (feel free to bring some board games, food, alcohol, or whatever):

* Brushfire's bringing his crew to my place in the early afternoon (2ish/3ish).

* OCAD recording gonna start around 4, it'll be the MAGFest recap episode and we'll get reactions from the people around us. Hopefully it will not descend into chaos. Epicenter will be dialing in.

* After that, we'll just hang out the whole night, playing video games, board games, and have some alcohol available. Sleeping space might be a bit limited, but let me know in-advance if you're thinking of crashing.

I just have to clear it with my housemates and we'll be good to go. If there are no objections, can I get a list of people who will be showing up, please? :razz:

I just have to clear it with my housemates and we'll be good to go. If there are no objections, can I get a list of people who will be showing up, please? :razz:

All of it sounds like a great plan. When'd you prefer people start coming in? 2-3? KF

I'm down. I'll be bringing my laptop as well as my mic. I could attempt to record with my laptop, but I'm not sure it'll like that. We'll see. Stevo, I need directions.

PM me for address and directions. If it's at my house, I'm using my desktop for the recording. Oh, desktop, only marginally more reliable than my laptops combined...how I love you.

Sounds good. Agree that your place is more convenient for most, I just didn't want to suggest "hanging out at someone's place" without offering my own, you know, basically inviting myself over to somebody else's house. ^_^; See y'all there!

Wait, are you worrying about social graces in a thread full of nerds? Just think about that for a moment. ;)

If there are no objections, can I get a list of people who will be showing up, please? :razz:

I'm down. May need to crash, depending on what deathly hours of the night (morning?) this goes 'till.

Same issue with the distance from everyone though, bro. Just easier this way, plus I have my set method of recording and whatnot. :-P

I dig. I'd make it up if I could but it seem I already promised to go to a party with Kate tomorrow night. You all doing anything on Sunday?

....btw, I'm still planning on having a micro-MAGfest at my house sometime in the spring. :)

Holy crap... MAGFest is really over :cry:

Indeed, but the last night was pretty awesome... :-) Getting to see the hilarity of DBZ Abridged which I must now see in full, how good Starla/Injury/"I've-never-played-this-game-before" is at MegaMan 2 even while tipsy, and Steveo's pretty face post-coitus. (Wait, what?)

One sucky thing is that I didn't realize people would be heading out as early as they did. Party 'till only 1AM? Ffffeh! ;-)

And ironically, I happened to pass a Quebec license plate on my drive back home. It did little but remind me of previous company, and just how spread out we all are with few chances to gather like this. :-(

Indeed, but the last night was pretty awesome... :-) Getting to see the hilarity of DBZ Abridged which I must now see in full, how good Starla/Injury/"I've-never-played-this-game-before" is at MegaMan 2 even while tipsy, and Steveo's pretty face post-coitus. (Wait, what?)

One sucky thing is that I didn't realize people would be heading out as early as they did. Party 'till only 1AM? Ffffeh! ;-)

And ironically, I happened to pass a Quebec license plate on my drive back home. It did little but remind me of previous company, and just how spread out we all are with few chances to gather like this. :-(

Yo, don't complain it ended early. Be glad it happened period! I got back at like 4 AM anyways. :P

T'was a blast.

I had a blast! I hope we get to do this again next year! Oh and think of the meet ups we'll have this year! Here's to good friends, good times, and a greater appreciation for alcohol. ^_^

Exactly. Who needs to wait a whole year when we can crash Steveo's place anytime the desire strikes!

:lol: