New Lufia/Estpolis title

Dr.Flintlock

So I don't know if there's any other Lufia fans out here on OCR, but for me, the Lufia series is one of my favorite RPG sagas. I actually played Rise of the Sinistrals and Fortress of Doom before any sort of Final Fantasy title, so you could say these games popped the "RPG cherry" for me. Hell, I even liked the music so much, I got a tape recorder and recorded the music for later viewing, even finding MIDI samples to listen to at my convenience.

Imagine my surprise upon realizing they're doing a legitimately new game in the series for the DS. Definitely a highlight for me as it looks like they're bringing up almost all the old characters from the original for this one. Some trailers are in order:

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Seems they may have made the combat into more of an Action RPG, which I'm personally not that much against. Kinda reminds me of the later interations to the Ys series like Ark of Napishtim an such. I do like the visuals much and I can't rate to hear some of the old music get an update.

So overall, am I alone in my love for this series, or are there more Lufia fans out there?

I've known about this for a while, and I'm a big fan of Lufia 2.

I didn't realize that had such an extensive trailer for the game already, but it's definitely got me pumped. Solid graphics and I was worried about the action-based battle system but it looks solid enough. I just hope it'll be a little more complex than jamming one button the whole time.

Everything about it looks very interesting. I can't help but to feel extremely excited about this.

Feelings about the second trailer:

-Guy looks horrible

-Tia did not need to the typical omgimagirl high pitched animu bs voice

-I was so worried about Dekar's redesign and I am NOT disappointed

One thing did come to mind, though, when I watched this. The game *if it does come outside of japan* looks like it could be huge. Thing is, seeing what happened to a lot of other series when they become mainstream, do we really want Lufia to become mainstream?

One thing did come to mind, though, when I watched this. The game *if it does come outside of japan* looks like it could be huge. Thing is, seeing what happened to a lot of other series when they become mainstream, do we really want Lufia to become mainstream?

Why not? Even though you put a negative connotation on it, going mainstream would be the best thing to happen to the series since Lufia II came out in the first place.

Yeah, I don't really see it becoming mainstream, even if it does come stateside and get a decent following. Titles like this kind of remind me of Atlus titles. They'll have a solid niche audience, but that's about it.

But I am happy to see that Square-Enix is doing more with certain franchises than spamming FF titles up the ass (Not that I have any issue with said titles, its just a little tiresome I think. No hate though).

And yes, I know of Kingdom Hearts but that doesn't count.

I even liked the music so much, I got a tape recorder and recorded the music for later viewing

I did this with many titles as a kid:

FFIV, FFVI, Lufia 1 and 2, SOM, Earthbound, MMX, Breath of Fire, you name it.

Hell I even did fade outs to music, and the music always had to repeat twice on every song. I had it down to a science lol

/nerd

Anyway, yeah I friggin love Lufia... I even played the Gameboy version, which was okay, not great :(

I hope this one is good! Though I love Lufia II, so it had better not suck :(

• 1 month later...
I actually played Rise of the Sinistrals and Fortress of Doom before any sort of Final Fantasy title, so you could say these games popped the "RPG cherry" for me.

Same for me and Lufia 2! I'm definitely interested in a more action-oriented new entry in the series. The first trailer looked really good too, haven't watched the second one yet.

Interesting post dude....discussion are always helpful in one way or the other. Thanks for giving out information. It’s really nice and mean full.

What.