OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I asked several times for you guys to cut back on the music :P

I don't mind it but the entire match for several maps gets really tiring, especially if you want to listen to your own music while playing.

Kinda miss the days when music was limited to setup.

Ah, sorry about that. I apparently got multiple requests for certain songs and what not so I was more focused on that and probably didn't notice until about the second or third time. I don't intend on doing a ridiculously long DJ night like that on the spot again anyways... too much for me actually.

Personally, I try to set volumes such that it's background and you can still speak over it and hopefully hear uncloaking spies a bit still.

So Valve has announced the winners of the Art Pass contest. Very quickly by their standards, I might add.

Which you can see here.

Two winners. Which means Valve is adding two maps that have identical structure but look different.

I'm not so sure I like this, unless Valve does something special with one of them.

Since YM's winning entry appears to be halloween themed...

The current change to reserved slots is definitely not working properly, the game just tells you "Server is full" even if someone who doesn't have a reserved slot is on.

Tomorrow, I may look into installing the things I mentioned in an earlier post (I dunno, some friends are in town this weekend).

So imagine my surprise when Lumpy messaged me and said that you guys were on my map. Well, it was actually mostly pubbers from what I could tell but still made me feel fuzzy inside.

Yes, and a routing problem between XO Networks and Hostnoc (where files.ocrtf2.com is hosted) that made me unable to connect is why I was able to verify that the reserved slots were not working properly... once I manually downloaded the map from the server, I couldn't reconnect from the console.

(deleted original text)

OK, I think I got this working now...

I've installed CBaseServer and Immunity Reserved Slots. I have no way of testing if the new plugin works or not, though. We'll have to try it on a full server. At least the extension is loading now, which is a good sign.

The server slot counts have both been reduced to 24. This will still show up as 25 if the server has a low population thanks to how SourceTV and the Auto SourceTV Recorder plugin works, but should revert to 24 after that.

I also updated an unrelated game file that may fix the occasional rare crash we've been seeing... SDK Hooks has an updated gamedata file available for the Mann-conomy update that we never set up. SDK Hooks is used by the HLStatsX: CE logging plugin.