Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

Just a quick update, Children of the Monkey Machine has dropped his tracks, but joining the project now is Matt Drouin! Welcome!

I've gotten a few confirmations from artists who are indeed working on their tracks, and heard a really wonderful D&B WIP from Sole Signal for Rocket Run! Hope to hear lots of stuff flowing in soon, 'cause the deadline is in 2 weeks!

If you need an extension, contact me sooner rather than later!

Also, the first project track to get submitted to the panel got accepted today :-D Grats to GSlicer and The Scarborough Joker for getting "Water Warped" past the judges!

Man, I just played through DKC3 for the first time in a long time and the music is really disappointing in places. The final battle is crappy enough without the music being a short, dull loop the whole time and the music over the credits is lame lame LAME as well. The whole game in general frustrates me, what with all the just plain hideous enemies with their big chins and the terrible bosses-- not to mention Kiddy Kong: the beginning of the end of good Kongs. Oy. Unfortunately, most of the levels are really good so I can't just flat-out hate the game.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. I'm glad the album's being made though, because a good number of the original songs just need MORE.

Well, I wasn't planning on doing any preview materials for this project whatsoever, but in order to advertise things I'll be throwing together a 2 minute preview (8 songs @ 15 seconds each) for this Animé Expo thingy that OCR is apparently doing a panel at. Yay.

So, if you want a chance to be on the preview, get your WIP to me by Sunday afternoon! If you specifically don't want your song in the preview, you've also got to contact me by then, too!

The preview will be played at OCR's panel and then released to the public afterward.

ALSO THE DEADLINE IS IN 4 DAYS, IF YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED IN WITH ME TO GET AN EXTENSION OR GET ME A WIP BY 420, YOU WILL BE DROPPED!

Similar to you, I have a really strong desire to claim a track (Frosty Frolics GBA) but the only remixing program I use is Mixcraft, which admittedly isn't good for making quality OC ReMixes.

I still can't wait 'til both albums are released, despite how long it's going to take (I'm betting 2 years minimum) :P

<This reply based off of green quote text above>

WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY?

Sorry.

MixCraft 5 is pretty reliable, once you get around to the quantizing. Which makes it a little easier.

(Hint... if you EVAR need to add any human-ish "swing" sound to make it sound more natural, use the "swing amount" option on the quantizer. it helps out a bit.)

Electrolisystem

Electrolisystem overload...

Diggi Dis turned in his final .wav today, I think you guys are gonna like what he did! :-D

GSlicer and The Scarborough Joker's track is finished too!

Lots of you I still need to hear from, please get in touch with me ASAP before the deadline!

Wow, at this rate the project will be done in a few weeks.

oh and i have no wips for u. deal with it nerd

So this probably isn't related... but the other day I was going to pick up my guitar, (pictured here: http://www.daddys.com/images/usedgear/SCH1612_1.jpg) and I noticed that the 2 dots on the 24th fret kinda look like eyes...

and the silver dots on the 1st pick-up look like teeth...

and if you look at that in relation to the body it looks like a blob monster about to attack.

If you see it, you probably won't be able to unsee it.

No need to thank me.

Happy for-twunny btw

So this probably isn't related... but the other day I was going to pick up my guitar, (pictured here: http://www.daddys.com/images/usedgear/SCH1612_1.jpg) and I noticed that the 2 dots on the 24th fret kinda look like eyes...

and the silver dots on the 1st pick-up look like teeth...

and if you look at that in relation to the body it looks like a blob monster about to attack.

If you see it, you probably won't be able to unsee it.

No need to thank me.

Happy for-twunny btw

Oh lawds this is groundbreaking technology!

^^ This guy is good. He hasn't had very many posted mixes yet but y'all are going to love what he's churning out for his track!

I'll post a detailed status update tonight after all my WIPs are in, so until then, GET IT DONE!

WTF is up with all of these people finishing? Everyone knows the proper way to do projects is to post up a WIP early to instill hope and then be prodded again once the project is 6 months overdue.

Don't remind me of my worstest fears, you jerkface!

Anyways, good luck with this here project...thingy. I'm sure Emu's learning that WIP dates mean absolutely nothing. :tomatoface:/Sarcasm

Alright guys, deadline's over. Thanks to those of you who got something in, and to the rest of you, I hope you won't be far behind.

I've gone and reverted everything on the tracklist so that everyone with a deadline extension is now back at red, and everyone who didn't turn in a WIP is in pink. If you're a pinky, your song is technically open until you get me a WIP to lock your claim back in, so if you're still interested please do that quickly!

I want to make a note about the number of deadline extensions I gave, since there are a lot of them. Every artist that I granted one to gave me ample assurance that they would finish their song eventually and not drop out - most of these artists usually work in spurts and can get a finished product out in a matter of weeks. In these cases, I've let them work on their own timetable, but they're going to have to work faster and harder later on to catch up. This policy of extensions isn't going to slow us down :-)

So, your next deadline is August 1st which gives you the whole summer to meet it. I'm hoping/expecting to have about half of the songs finished by then, but the benchmark to shoot for is a BLUE WIP that's 50% or more finished. Or, if you've claimed multiple tracks, aim to have at least 50% of your total songload finished by then. That shouldn't be too unreasonable, but as always, if you have extenuating circumstances all you need to do is talk it over with me :-)

The teaser will be released here shortly too, so you've all got that to look forward to!

Thanks to all who did their part to make this deadline work, let's keep the ball rolling and get some good progress accomplished in the next 3 months!

Ok, status update. Joshua Morse has left the project, leaving Hot Pursuit open. Last track available on the SNES half, so let's see what you guys can do with this one!

Also, taking Palpable's place on the Credits theme is Josh Whelchel who's definitely got the potential to make something worthy of the final song on the album! Can't wait to hear what he comes up with!

Lots of you have been giving me updated WIPs, so that's good to hear! Keep 'em coming!