Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

can this album be ever releash already, it gonna be like late this month after the month was over, it been over the decade and i know people are working hard on it and i feel that the people in the community can take this or cannot take this because the way they act, like people saying that when the album coming out when is like complaining and it so hard so stop it don't worry, me i could be patient sometimes but i get like angry and stuff while it's taking long and can't stand it so it not a angry thing, it's a positive thing and i been waiting for this album like in months now let it be release so the waiting could be over:sad:

can this album be ever releash already, it gonna be like late this month after the month was over, it been over the decade and i know people are working hard on it and i feel that the people in the community can take this or cannot take this because the way they act, like people saying that when the album coming out when is like complaining and it so hard so stop it don't worry, me i could be patient sometimes but i get like angry and stuff while it's taking long and can't stand it so it not a angry thing, it's a positive thing and i been waiting for this album like in months now let it be release so the waiting could be over:sad:

I'm pretty sure this guy is in physical pain, Emunator. Someday there will be documentaries about your cruelty.

Yeah, and I feel the track has essentially been upgraded from "beautiful" to "absolutely heavenly beautiful". I'd honestly say this year-and-some-month delay's been worth it for Beneath the Moonlight and Distant Dreams on Stormy Seas alone, and hopefully you all will feel the same when the album releases. I certainly couldn't imagine the album without them, if that says anything about how special they are. :-)

Trust me everyone, the album's coming. Emu will probably have a bit more to say in the near future pertaining to this :-D

Alright, I've held off on making any official announcements until now because I was tired of stringing you all along with an endless slew of posts about how it would be "just a little bit longer!" I've been making those posts since around this time last year and we've all seen how much that's worth :-P However, now I can finally say with confidence that...

The music of DKC3: Double the Trouble! is 100% FINISHED!

I hope this announcement alleviates any sort of pain (physical or mental) that may have been induced by the album's long lifespan. I can't express how happy it makes me to be able to finally say those words.

Before I get to the big picture stuff, I want to give a HUGE thanks to Theophany for really coming through on the last few tracks... the final WAV file containing both Beneath the Moonlight (Stilt Village GBA) and Distant Dreams on Stormy Seas (Game Over GBA) is over 12 and a half minutes long and sounds absolutely incredible. I know I can't speak for everyone, but it's my personal opinion that it was entirely worth the wait to allow this opus to realize its full potential. Beneath the Moonlight was arranged by Theophany and features extensive guitar performances from Harmony and Fishy, as well as live violin by Jeff Ball. The latter part of the track, the Game Over remix, was arranged primarily by me with sections added by Cody and Theophany, and produced with Theophany's incredible sample libraries. I'm extremely proud of the contribution I was able to make here and I'm sure all the other artists feel the same way.

So, a little overview now! This project was officially started in November of 2009, and made public 4 months later. This means that it took roughly 2 years and 10 months to finish. To put it in perspective, that's roughly the same time it took to produce the DKC2 album, which was half the size! With that in mind, I don't think we did too badly in terms of production time, despite what some of you may say :whatevaa:

The final tally here is 64 artists/performers, contributing 76 songs (64 main album tracks and 12 bonus tracks,) spanning over 5 discs and nearly 5 and a half hours of music. These figures place it comfortably above the competition as the largest OCRemix album to date. Those who have heard the whole album can vouch for the fact that we haven't just stuffed our tracklist full of half-baked filler remixes, either. I'm fully convinced that this album has built off of the greatness of the two DKC albums that have come before it, and improved in many areas overall.

But I don't necessarily expect you all to take my word for that, though... so in that spirit, I've also uploaded the long-awaited final audiovisual preview. Big thanks to Peach and Cody for producing this, hopefully it'll give you an idea about the kind of quality and diversity that you can expect from the final album. Please enjoy and share it around as much as you'd like, we'd love to build some publicity and hype as we move forward to release.

Click to view an all-new 13 minute audiovisual preview!

So what's next? At this point, I'm going to try and finalize the album eval package and get it uploaded tonight, since I won't be by a computer at all on Friday or Saturday. Most of the album eval has already been finished, so that phase shouldn't take nearly as long. We have most of the album artwork finished but I need to talk with TheMaverickk about getting that package 100% wrapped up. The website and the release trailer are the two things that we still need to start on, but that will be completed concurrently as we prepare for release.

I'm not really going to discuss release dates in detail, but I will say that we're deadset on a 2012 release at the very least. I'll say more when I can but I don't plan on getting into details regarding an exact date until we're a week or two away from release. I ask for just a little bit more patience while we get things wrapped up, but it brings me great joy to announce that the music of the project (which is really what this is all about, right?) is DONE!

My deepest gratitude goes out to Cody Wedel, Flexstyle, Theophany, Peach, TheMaverickk, and every artist who has put forth their best effort with their songs, and every one of you who has kept the hype alive, even when progress slowed to a crawl. This project wouldn't be worth very much without people who are looking forward to listening to it, so a hearty THANK YOU goes out to EVERYBODY who helped us along the way :-D I hope the final product does not disappoint.

Cheers!