Hurry!, A FFX Impossible Remix Album, overwhelming participation

The Author

Not sure what the genre is for this, but it's up for a listen on my ->SoundCloud<- page. If I had to label it, I'd say... orchestral IDM downtempo ... f**k it. Techno music.

That's a lot like the original up until the breakdown, that's pretty slick. Clips a lot though. :-D Clipping less noticeable when the hard drums come in, which I think are really awesome. Good work.

with a wip too!

Oh snap, I missed yours! Very short, off to a pretty cool start though. A lot of people doing the hefty drums. ^_^ Wabby wabby wabby wabby Wom wom wom wom Boodle boodle! Nice sounds.

Not sure what the genre is for this, but it's up for a listen on my ->SoundCloud<- page. If I had to label it, I'd say... orchestral IDM downtempo ... f**k it. Techno music.

Dude, that is SICK! I'm hearing the clipping that Brandon mentioned on the strings... The only thing i'd recommend is the snare rolls sounds a little too mechanical, so if you can vary them up a bit that would go a long way.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will work out the clipping issue and get to work on reworking the snare/finishing the tune pronto. I'm glad you folks find it enjoyable!

@Hy Bound: For some reason I can't get to your WIP link. Checked out your tunes on MySpace though and I'm definitely interested to hear a dubstep cut... :banghead: Do you have it hosted anywhere else?

So we have 7 slots filled. Still wanna participate? No problem.

However, we will be more picky with the genre so at this point, all I can really say is: No more electronica.

Must have gotten Flooded with Trance,DnB, IDM, Techno, DubStep, probably house.........Yup, he definitely got flooded:lmassoff:

Actually, I somewhat expected this trend in genres, the source really lends itself to electronica... It ain't so bad, and hopefully now the people will be more daring with their remix (Looking at you DarkeSword).

Also, thankfully people will also view this as a chance to try something new genre wise...

As for the "bonus slots" well, I think I'll stop accepting people on Sunday so that we can get moving with this.

@Hy Bound: For some reason I can't get to your WIP link. Checked out your tunes on MySpace though and I'm definitely interested to hear a dubstep cut... :banghead: Do you have it hosted anywhere else?

Should be working now. I had a couple issues with it last night. I'm still new to setting up servers :/

I'll try and vary mine up a bit so it isn't pure electro shtuffs.

Man this filled up fast. Sweetness. Feel free to share WIPs, it helps people "vary" up their genres. If you don't want to post them publicly use the KNGI forum (http://www.kngi.org/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=75) but you can feel free to share here too.

Also Google Wave's available for those who like the realtime communication!

edit: darn if there's no more electronica then I probably can't do my own track, ha ha :)

So phat! Wicked LFO work man. :dstrbd: < EDIT: BASSFACE

Hey Zeroboros: Muchos thanks for recruiting me when you did... Almost missed the train! This is gon' be fun. :mrgreen:

No prob man I didn't even this It was gonna explode this much, so I'm suprised as much as you are.Plus I like that little preview ya sent me.beautiful work

Man this filled up fast. Sweetness. Feel free to share WIPs, it helps people "vary" up their genres. If you don't want to post them publicly use the KNGI forum (http://www.kngi.org/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=75) but you can feel free to share here too.

Also Google Wave's available for those who like the realtime communication!

edit: darn if there's no more electronica then I probably can't do my own track, ha ha :)

Although he said No more electronica, that dosen't mean your out of the race........although I did mine in electronica to, So I know how ya feel arcana:smile:

My hopes for submitting a track died when The Coop asked about level of quality. I can't provide quality...

But your the director of this thing, so its all good

Don't shoot it down until you at least try. You never know where you're idea will go. It may just surprise you. I mean hell, my Necromancer remix for the last OverClocked Christmas album turned out better than I thought it would when I first started ("The Dead of Winter" for those keeping score). I don't know how others felt about it, but I was pretty happy with the end result overall.

At least give it a try, RD.

Well, I may have something in mind now that I'm playing around with the midi version... BUT I HATE YOU FOR MAKING ME DO THIS.

Dude, you could burp in time with the source music and we could put it on as the bonus track.

I might try to make a rondo or something this weekend. I'm not that good at mixing chamber music but maybe one of you guys can help out with that.

Also - I love you guys for jumping on this and cranking out sheer levels of awesome in record time.