Hurry!, A FFX Impossible Remix Album, overwhelming participation

The Author

Dude, you could burp in time with the source music and we could put it on as the bonus track.

I might try to make a rondo or something this weekend. I'm not that good at mixing chamber music but maybe one of you guys can help out with that.

Also - I love you guys for jumping on this and cranking out sheer levels of awesome in record time.

I don't think a thanks is necesary. A challenged was issued (Incidentally by me:lmassoff:) and OCR Rose to the occasion, But I wonder whose Remix is gonna get fast tracked? This'll be a tough one and a pretty Intresting Match.

Dude, you could burp in time with the source music and we could put it on as the bonus track.

I might try to make a rondo or something this weekend. I'm not that good at mixing chamber music but maybe one of you guys can help out with that.

Also - I love you guys for jumping on this and cranking out sheer levels of awesome in record time.

'2. Oinkness / "ethnic instrumental"'

Well if you say THAT, I have no objections to doing an acapella version with my voice, I just don't want to try to figure it out on an instrument again. x_x

P.S. wtf credit me properly

Probably the quickest mix I've done so far. As in, the fastest I've worked. Minor touches left on the production side and then I'm calling it done, ocr-quality or not.

No problem, we're out to get an enjoyable album and I think what you've done so far definitely fits the bill.

@ Brandon: If you want to submit a "bonus track" let me know.

We will stop accepting contributors tonight, at midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5:00).

If you absolutely want to be in but have no clue what "genre" you will pick, just say so and I'll add you to the list of contributors. Sorry about the rather strict cutoff point, but even the contributors seem to think that hurrying up this project is the way to go.

Again, thank you all for participating and now we simply have to move toward a release.

Also, if you are a visual artist and would be interested in providing art for this project, contact me, we could use at the very least a CD cover.

I'll work on mine soon - I was catching up on a few other things, but I'll get working now to get it done (and if you all know what minimalism is, expect a 15-20min mix, here). I suspect it's going to be primarily orchestral, but I'm still not sure if I'll throw in some electronic sound in it or not, yet (I'll lean towards no electronic sound, since you guys seem to have enough of that, but if it's called for I might add a little).

UN-BE-LIE-VABLE! :shock:

Running a project like that from scratch, while gathering so much support, all in such a short notice is highly commendable.

I'm not sure how other people will feel about the whole 'fasttrack' thing though, but you definitely pulled off quite a number on this one.

... Give us time to catch up... This is exceeding all expectations and due to my lack of experience with these projects, I'm a bit overwhelmed.

You strike me as a man who needs a co-director. Good thing you already got plenty of people qualified for the job onboard! ;)

Good luck guys. And, HURRY UP! :mrgreen:

You guys need to figure out if this is going to be an OCR album. You'll have to have 1/3 passable and have people who are finished send in WAVs. It's not as overwhelming as you think it is, people are working, just tell them to play the song for a judge or two, make changes until it is satisfactory, then slap up a WAV for you to get. :-P

Nobody needs to do anything.

Aside from my annoyance (and apart from my deleted post), this entire concept is fucking amazing. Can't do it. Can't do what? Can't do what?!?

And who comes out of the woodwork? Offtopic. Motherfucking offtopic. Ok and some reputable folk, but mostly offtop. What? Offtop needs no qualifier.

I love you guys. I seriously love you. Like if I had a woman I wouldn't as much but yeah.

K.B.'s anticipation event of the summer = this thread.

Edit: I think RD and Arcana, I think offtop. There were also several other offtop frequenters in the list of mixers. I ran with that. I see now that it wasn't the best angle to take, but what I was trying to say this was and would be awesome. I wasn't trying offend or detract, and I certainly wasn't trying to marginalize community or ocr as a whole, so sorry if I did. And I'm editing because posting again would definitely detract from the project.

Nobody needs to do anything.

Aside from my annoyance (and apart from my deleted post), this entire concept is fucking amazing. Can't do it. Can't do what? Can't do what?!?

And who comes out of the woodwork? Offtopic. Motherfucking offtopic. Ok and some reputable folk, but mostly offtop. What? Offtop needs no qualifier.

I love you guys. I seriously love you. Like if I had a woman I wouldn't as much but yeah.

K.B.'s anticipation event of the summer = this thread.

How the hell are you making this about Offtopic?

Furthermore, why?

Ok, so update time.

1. The Coop / Piano + Orchestration Registered on the forum, no WIP

2. Brandon Strader / "ethnic instrumental" Registered on the forum + WIP

3. Gario / Minimalist? Not registered, no WIP

4. Hy Bound / Dubstep Registered + WIP

5. ZeroBoros and Swann / Trance/DnB Registered + WIP

6. Rozovian / DnB/Jazz Registered + WIP

7. AaronD / Orchestral Techno Registred + WIP

8. HitoriJaNai / New age Registered No WIP

9. DarkeSword / world/contemporary Registered + Completed.

At this point, I am glad to say that everyone has selected a genre, and what I've heard shows that there is a lot of variety in the interpretation of the original. Due to how the project is growing, I would urge everyone who hasn't registered on the forum to do so. Then contact me or Arcana to get added to the contributor's group. There are some discussion taking place for which the input of everyone involved would be nice.

The time line I promised is gonna take some time, mainly due to these things happening on the forum. Once decisions have been made, we will get moving accordingly.