Diablo 2 Action Tonight (March 23rd)! Join us (once again)!

Gario

That was... interesting.

The latency was the biggest adjustment for me; I get around 100 ping in most games, which in this case cut a decent chunk out of my FPS. Gave me a headache at first.

Y'all are in such a hurry. :P Don't care for the rush rush pacing we had going on. That's the nature of ladder play, I suppose.

Darklink, you and I should have a talk about skills :D I didn't expect there to be another barb.

Hey, it was a lot of fun, even though I had no clue what I was doing. I have to agree with Clefairy about the pace. That's really hard to adjust to, especially when you keep realizing that your gear is crappy at that point.

As for skills, I was going for double swing/whirlwind and some battle cries to mix things up, but it looked like you were going for battle cries as well, so I went back to weapon mastery and double swing again. But when it comes to builds, I'm clueless. I have no idea what it all means, I just know what works for me.

Haha, I gotta say it was well worth my hours, although everything did go kinda fast for me, but I'm adjusting. I'm certainly looking forward to another game, though I might try to snag a good bow while waiting in between games. Glad that I made it lvl 18 on this run, too.

Looking forward to those games, and I gotta say, that was the best fun I had in a D2 game yet.

Alright, but we can still get together before then when it's convenient for whomever - especially since we have people in the group that aren't very familiar with online play and quickness. I can schedule in about an hour of time tomorrow night between 10-11 EST (7-8 my time) to help get through a2 or with whatever anyone can handle. If that's not a good time for anyone, let me know.

But definitely go to public games and work with people - A4 by Friday might be a bit hard especially for a bowazon or a barb.

Meet on Friday (sometime), have a softcore eastrealm char at Act 4... Sound good, everyone?

It's a date.

As for skills, I was going for double swing/whirlwind and some battle cries to mix things up, but it looked like you were going for battle cries as well, so I went back to weapon mastery and double swing again. But when it comes to builds, I'm clueless. I have no idea what it all means, I just know what works for me.

This might help:

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Main_Page

http://d2items.com/skills.php

These two sites are great resources. The wiki can be a bit... overwhelming, with all the data that's there, but once you learn to navigate it quickly that goes away. The key is to go in knowing what you're looking for.

And yeah, I'm picking up a lot of Warcries. My main skill is going to be Concentrate, and until it opens up I don't have a lot of attractive options except Shout.

For the record, I'll be maxing Shout and BO for the huge duration bonus, so while we're all grouped up you won't need to worry about that.

When I was thinking about how this would all come together, I figured I could handle all the buffing and debuffing, and you could just go all out on damage. Although I'd realy appreciate it if you took a point in Find Item, and maaaybe a point in Grim Ward later. Just to give our caster friends a little safe zone to do their thing.

If anyone wants to do smaller runs this week, just shoot me a PM. Or friend me on Bnet if you haven't already; my account name is, conveniently, Clefairy. :P

Well, by the looks of it, I'll focus on double swing/frenzy then. I'll have to work on raising my energy stat a little bit in order to really make it work, but if I want to do sheer damage (which is why I choose to play barb anyways) that's the most attractive option to me. Just have to find some good leech weapons/armor in the meanwhile to make whirlwind a viable possibility.