Metal Gear Solid Rising

relyanCe

... what.

There was a thread about the new MGS game sometime last year, but now an official trailer has been released as of E3 2010.

Where did the Tactical Espionage go? Is it Raiden or Grey Fox? How much more ridiculously impractical will the new futuristic cyborg-ish weapons get? Will there be any recurring characters, and are the Patriots still involved somehow, despite all that's happened? Will the beloved cardboard box make an appearance? Will we FINALLY get to slice Hideo Kojima into tiny bite-size chunks? All these questions will be hopefully be answered.

wow, holy shit. that looks really cool. i never finished mgs4 (i am awful at stealth games, beating 2 and 3 almost killed me) but this has given me some motivation. i sort of assumed this was going to be a bullshit spin off that didn't really offer anything unique, but this looks badass.

i thought it was official that it was raiden - someone told me that he appeared in mgs4 with the same look? that might be a lie, though.

This is one of the only games I think I care about from e3 this year. Looks pretty slick.

And never fear, even though the Tactical Espionage is MIA, there will still be stealth and incentives to not kill anyone, or at least so I heard.

I don't think there will ever be such a thing as a bullshit spin-off created by Hideo Kojima. He (or someone) mentioned that Metal Gear Rising would star Raiden and that it would be lightning speed sword action and I think it's an excellent idea, especially when I look at Zone of the Enders. It's gonna be sweet.

A: Its official that its raiden.

B: Its official that it takes place between MGS2 and MGS4.

Its going to bridge those 2 games together.

Aww Awesome! Was hoping it was between 2 and 4 lol

I'm guessing it will explain how he rescued Sunny from the Patriots and how he ended up as a Cyborg.