OCR01273 - Terranigma "Reviving Zue"

djpretzel

Connection to the source and ancient flamewars aside, this is a pretty good mix. Beats are great, and forcing it into 4 has given it a very cool melodic feel. I love the gates and the bassline.

Production is lofi, but solid, if not a bit treble heavy, though it all fits together well to let the textures shine.

Thematically, this remix stays true to the original themes of the song of focus and growth. Having a narrow melodic path to wind through, but a ton of energy, it really surges forward. I love the original, and I love this one too. Nice work Ziwtra.

lolol, I never realized there were any flamewars going on for this mix until just now. I realize they were a couple years ago, but like, LOL

music snobbery at it's finest!

Over-analyst 1: Huff!

Over-analyst 2: Huff Puff!

Over-analyst 1: Huff Puff??! Huff, sir, huff!

Over-analyst 2: ???! Puffity Huff Puff! Braaaaawr!

Over-analyst 1: Bweee?? Huff huff huff! Pwaaaaaaaaf!

BTW, Sam is awesome :)

Music snobbery at it's finest!
Indeed! I'd say, because I never played the game I wouldn't have found this music before (which is quite good, BTW), so thank you BGC for posting and refreshing the 'reviews' section again.

I've also gotta thank krale and Sam for the whole flamewar that happened here - that was one of the most violent (and therefore most fun) theory fights I've seen in quite some time.

I never heard the source so I can't join in (besides, it's 4 years old...), but I'll put my faith in Sam, on this one. Way to go! I've got to say, the way Sam handled this gives me more respect for him than I already did before (Chopan? lol)

Oh ya, great mix; very clean, very smooth. I like the instrumentation, in particular - the bass and violin are great!

Edit: I'll add that I commended you for the posts, Sam, because of how civil you were about the whole matter (compared to krale). It shows you are the better person :)

Edited by Gario

My ranting in this thread is pretty embarrassing...the only excuse I can think of, which is true, is that I was at the time, and still am, a Miyoko Kobayashi fanboy of stalker proportions. When Krale made his comment I was afraid if it went uncontested, people might read it, believe it and then end up thinking less of Mrs. Kobayashi.

Anyway, thanks to this song I was introduced to Zwitra who became EASILY one of my favorite remixers, I even recommended him to Gray as a potential judge. Really Solid Mix

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome intro here. Love the vinyl scratching! Then out of nowhere, Ziwtra comes in with a crazy ethnic flute. Even though it caught me off guard at first, I quickly started to like it. THe guitar/synth part that follows is a great section that really drives. I love the breakbeat section after that too. I'm groovin' on the couch here and my wife is looking at me like I'm crazy (I have headphones on). The solo violin/viola was a really nice touch. Another great example of how Youngjin can take a lot of different styles and throw them all into one! Very impressive. The glitchy drums are excellent and I adore the sweeping pads! Awesome work!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01273 - Terranigma "Reviving Zue"