New Soul Calibur OFFICIAL!

DiGi Valentine

as long as I can make my 'girl wearing only her underwear and a keaton mask' character they can do whatever they want with character creation

also what would be hilarious is instead of ivy being an oversexified middle aged woman that looks just a little too old for this, they make her a decripid old lady who is still oversexified but has actual sagging tits and gray hair and is hunched over.

i mean if you can blow up nightmares stomach you can do anything at this point

I think the best praise I can give Soul Calibur IV is that it had awesome music.

Apart from that, broken combat, crap storytelling, less than spectacular character creation, disgraceful online component(when people start building strategies to take advantage of lag, you know there's something wrong), and a general dearth of interesting modes/content.

Funny however that I really couldn't care less about any of the character's proportions. It's a video game. Leave your coat, hat, and realism at the door please.

Also for god's sake, no more series-crossover characters. This isn't Soul Calibur Vs. Star Wars/LoTR/LoZ/whatever the fuck.

Sucks 'cause as I've mentioned to several of you guys over Live, I really wanted to like and get back into SCIV, but I can never bring myself to fire it up.

While i can agree on the following in regards to Soul Calibur 4 -

- broken combat

- storytelling went up its own arse

- character creation system also went up its own arse

- selling out for 'guest characters' who were up their own arse

i still find myself enjoying other areas of the game. Well, on the occasion that the difficulty doesn't suddenly just spike itself through the roof and hands me my arse. Apprentice/StarKiller, i am looking at you, you dick.

Really, what we would need is Soul Calibur 1 or 2 with todays sheen and shine. And a decent character creation system. Sorry, i'm a sucker for these things. Anything to add my own personal contribution to a game usually has me interested in some capacity. When the feature came to Soul Calibur 3 i was well happy about that ...shame it kinda fell off in SC4.

Soul Calibur 1 did a lot of things right so they need to look back on that.

And they really need to leave Seigfried and Nightmare alone now. I don't know how many times one blonde haired German guy can attempt to redeem himself without the story dying on it's face. Actually, that's what they need. Soul Edge needs to belong to someone else now, after 4 games i think it's finally time to move on.

It really is not that difficult to make a good Soul Calibur, they've done it before and it's not too late to do it again, quite frankly.

Anyways, despite everything i've just said i am still massively excited about a new Soul Calibur coming out. I grew up with this more than i did with Street Fighter ...and with that statement i just realised i've most probably become a fanastic minority here! :D