Street Fighter II - Physco's Shadow

Zeroboros

Although I hate bison when his AI is cranked to max, I do like his theme song. Only thing is, that I dont know which genre to lead it towards. Either DnB, Breakbeat, Or maybe even both dunno. So I want you guy's opinion on which genre would work for it. Beware though. its around a 40 sec preview of what im working on, so you're gonna have to replay it. no kick, claps, snares, or high hats. just everything else cause i dont know which way to lean it toward. much help would be appreciated!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?q=hi&songID=10668163

Wow, I really like the mood of this remix so far. The added touches with somewhat of a solo, the overall soundscape is cool. Man, that lead is sexy.

Definitely want to hear more of a finished product before I start really judging it...but this is really promising.

P.S. Breakbeat would suit this well, some glitch drums, with a nice solid kick on 1 and 3+...just what I think. :)

I found what beat I could use with it, and I'm glad I did cause once I had it playing everything else flowed like cake work. Theres an added distorted shaker loop which I chopped up in FL and layered another one on top of it to give it a groove. Theres an added piano solo with the rest of the instruments coming in and im probably forgetting the rest. but This is done, and will now be put up for mod Review. Much feedback and opinions much appreciated guys! :grin:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?q=hi&songID=10668163

yes this is a new link, don't click the one at the bottom I deleted it and replaced it with the finished one

and the Original SF2 Bison's theme song(link below)

You know, I like your style... sometimes. I feel there are similar issues between this track and your Hurry track, though - it never seems to open up the soundscape. There's so much room in the upper end of the EQ that needs to be filled that sounds artificially cut. When those drums come in at ~1:00 the whole song feels as if it needs to open up, but it never does. So... yeah, the mid's only effect is a sweet one to use in short bursts, but not for an entire track. Try letting some of the other instruments use their highs and lows more often.

The silence toward the end of the song should be about a measure shorter.

No, overall I like the track, but the soundscape is confining. If you could open it up (and perhaps make it a little longer) I think you'd have a keeper here.

You know, I like your style... sometimes. I feel there are similar issues between this track and your Hurry track, though - it never seems to open up the soundscape. There's so much room in the upper end of the EQ that needs to be filled that sounds artificially cut. When those drums come in at ~1:00 the whole song feels as if it needs to open up, but it never does. So... yeah, the mid's only effect is a sweet one to use in short bursts, but not for an entire track. Try letting some of the other instruments use their highs and lows more often.

No, overall I like the track, but the soundscape is confining. If you could open it up (and perhaps make it a little longer) I think you'd have a keeper here.

I agree with a lot that Gario has already stated, a large sine bass would be appreciated around 1:14...or maybe just some arpeggios, a bigger emphasis on the low end would really make this a stellar track...maybe some large pad, something to fill that gap.

This is just such a cool soundscape and I think anyone who listens to this will hear that. As always I think this is great even if some changes aren't made.

Very cool. :)

Care to elaborate on what you mean by "confining" on the soundscape. I'm only assuming this has something related with Mid high's and Highs

Yes, it's about the lack of highs and lows throughout (save for the bass drum that comes in at ~1:00). It sounds like it's an EQ restraint that you imposed on it, if I'm not mistaken, so I suggest relieving it from time to time. Your Hurry remix had similar issues, and if I recall correctly it was rejected due to those issues (though for some reason I can't find the Judges Decision page on that track right now - I'm not imagining that, am I?). I'm pretty sure the low and high cuts you made will ultimately knock this track down, in the end.

At some points the cuts sound great (as I said, it's a great way to open a track, and this one is no exception) and perhaps for effect in the middle of the song, but to have it throughout the entire track sounds unclean and strange. Again, try opening the sound up a little bit and see where that gets you.

I'll test that theory out today, since i have a fresh pair of ears. Geez and I don't even use the FL parametric eq and it a low and high problem. I do get what you mean though thanks for clarifying. Its just tricky though. to much highs and you get a "ssss" to much lows and it overpowers....sigh. I really wish I had some dt-880s right about now lol

Wait, is that how the samples/synths naturally sound? If so, EQ'ing them won't help much in the long run. I assumed it was an EQ cutting issue, but perhaps it's a sample issue if there are no effects on them (I hope not, as that's a bit more difficult to fix while retaining your chosen timbre colors, which are great).

Wait, is that how the samples/synths naturally sound? If so, EQ'ing them won't help much in the long run. I assumed it was an EQ cutting issue, but perhaps it's a sample issue if there are no effects on them (I hope not, as that's a bit more difficult to fix while retaining your chosen timbre colors, which are great).

I know man, I know. I checked out everything in the parametric EQ2 in fl studio in high precision mode. turns out the strings are mostly spread out in the low mids to high mids, barely even reaching the highs. I'll post a screenshot of this later. mostly everything else was adjustable but te strings are going to become a major problem.

Finished with the adjustments. Will still post screenshot and revised song when I've arrived back home for the most part. still want to say thanks to those who helped and to OCR for having a non hostile community towards giving feedback lol

• 1 month later...