Recruiting for a Chrono series album

Wiesty

I agree thats since Chrono Symphonic was so specific on what it was, OCR could use another CT album and it wouldn't feel repetitive.

This same concept already exists 4-5 times over in existing mixes.

http://ocremix.org/game/16/chrono-trigger-snes/remixes

Pretty much anything but a Chrono Trigger bluegrass tribute would be repetitive.

The Bad Dudes made a Chronopolis album.

And CT is a game that can justify multiple albums...

Just because there's so much music and most of it is perfect

CT's music is not mostly perfect. if it was, then the only tracks people would remix would be the crappy ones. the other tracks would be un-remixable, since any remix would be worse than the original.

• 1 month later...

I would definitely be interested in revisiting some of the Chrono cross music. I spent a long time dissecting that music (having purchased the soundtrack at a local anime shop when I was growing up) and it certainly had an influence as well - not as much certainly as Chrono Trigger but I spent a LONG time on that game and the music really did sink in.

If it were to be Chrono Cross focused, the project could go in many, many directions. That would be up to the project creator, for sure. If it were to include Chrono Trigger music or Radical Dreamers music I think it would have to have a specific focus, either by musical genre or by some connecting thread in the plots in order to justify getting people who have doing remixes for awhile to come back to these really obvious choices.

CT's music is not mostly perfect. if it was, then the only tracks people would remix would be the crappy ones. the other tracks would be un-remixable, since any remix would be worse than the original.

I have felt for quite a while that Chrono Cross's music is a lot more memorable overall, not to mention more emotional. I would love to hear the music revisited for sure!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...