Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Our board seems to be down...

Indeed... KYLE!!!

Also, an informal reminder to those who want to work on Last Battle to get to the forums (when they're up) and make some comments and possible progess. I've no idea what the current status of it is.

As far as I can tell, the current status of the track is where you left it, unless someone else has picked it up.

Also, the entire hosting server seems to be down, so this will be our center of operations until it comes back.

Well, Hemophiliac and Christian Pacaud's rendition of Mint's Theme has hit the panel. Best of luck on that, guys!

Speaking of which, I'd been neglecting to post this, but to answer questions about OCR/other site submissions, here we go: You're welcome to submit your tracks to be judged if they're finished and accepted for the project, but you must explicitely state in the submission email that the song is for the Summoning of Spirits project, and it's not to be posted on the site until the project is released.

That's all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people! Long time no see... Since I had work to compose music for a $200.000 TV production, some plugin problems with the upcoming MacOS X 10.4.6 upgrade, and am undergoing a MAJOR keyboard upgrade right now, I haven't been able to do much in the recent time. The project being delayed added to this slacking period, but I think it will be over as soon as I got my new hardware setup up, running and got accustomed to it.

I want to say I am sorry for that, and this does not at all mean I don't want to finish this. I have already done a track on this one and no one will stop me finishing the last 2% of the second one, with notable improvement in sound quality as a compensation for the waiting time. I now got the same series keyboard I had before but two generations newer :) Expect something great in the near future!

Hello people! Long time no see... Since I had work to compose music for a $200.000 TV production, some plugin problems with the upcoming MacOS X 10.4.6 upgrade, and am undergoing a MAJOR keyboard upgrade right now, I haven't been able to do much in the recent time. The project being delayed added to this slacking period, but I think it will be over as soon as I got my new hardware setup up, running and got accustomed to it.

I want to say I am sorry for that, and this does not at all mean I don't want to finish this. I have already done a track on this one and no one will stop me finishing the last 2% of the second one, with notable improvement in sound quality as a compensation for the waiting time. I now got the same series keyboard I had before but two generations newer :) Expect something great in the near future!

Yay! Looks like momentum's picking up again.

UPDATE

For the last month or so, there hasn't been much activity as far as this project is concerned. I myself am likely the most at fault for this, as I remain bogged down by work, and haven't been able to dedicate much of anything to this project, which resulted in a slowdown, and a lack of morale, and lack of work contributions. We've been resting on our laurels for awhile, but now I think it's time we switch things into gear and get back on the road with this project.

JUNE 5TH, 2006

That will be the date where I expect some sort of compositionally complete or even entirely finished product from you. Half of the project is already complete, and the other half is very close to completion (with a few stragglers, and a few who need more time), so there isn't too much of a reason why at least 75% of the project can't be complete by that due date, if not more. I'm going to start sending out emails and actively asking for status updates via PMs and IMs again, so if you have a track that you've been sitting on for awhile, expect that soon.

This is also the time for me to get myself working on several things that need to be completed before the project is released, so I'm gonna get to it. I hope you all do, as well. :)

Over and out. For now.

that would explain why most of the users working on this album aren't probably getting the job done am i right?

Considering I just heard two finished songs yesterday, and two more finished tracks are on the way as soon as the person working on them can get to a broadband connection, I'd say work is picking up again. :P

I'd quickly try another if I wasn't cramped for time. By May 26th I also got to finish off other project tracks too; I also got an entire timetable written out showing what I must do.

Still, yes, I got your PM, and depending on whatever amount of time I have I'll see if I can get in on the collab. :)

Small Update: I already got a hard disk for my keyboard, and I also ordered 1GB of RAM for it. When the RAM arrives, I can create a disco drum set for it, change some of the instruments to newer (and better) ones and record everything :)

A good thing is that it's 100% backwards compatible to my old one so everything sounds the same right now (except better EQs, better filtering, better DSP effects, added master compression and stuff) - but I would really like to put some more work into it to make it sound even better with the possibilities of my new model ^-^

I've sent out a newsletter to 99% of the remixers involved with the project (a couple need to be contacted individually, for certain reasons), and I'm hoping to receive responses from as many as possible. Even if you are done with your songs, I still sent you the email, as there is some information pertaining to those who are finished in there, as well. So if you haven't checked your email yet, please do so and get back to me! :)

Oh snap...Back to the drawing board with ye! :P

On another note: Due to a lack of progress and contact with me on status updates, Soraya has been removed from the project. Lea and I decided Raising The Curtain will remain on the tracklist however, leaving 3 songs currently open. If you're interested in remixing any of these tracks, please contact me.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History