Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

I know this is way too late to bring it up, but check this out :o

It's like he missed his destiny.

Did you listen to those, though? :P

Hmmm been listening to those remixes. Not too bad. Some parts need to fade out a bit so its not so...erm, can't think of the word. Also there are some added sounds that don't do the songs justice. The Final Stage remix is good, which was the example I was using for my little...review I guess.

This is by no means a personal attack or anything on Urafaerie, I'm just analyzing the songs. But I gotta be honest here: we probably wouldn't have accepted any of those remixes onto the project. They're, at best, barely decent. Most of them need a lot of mastering work, they sound empty at a lot of points, and some parts are way off-key. Never mind the unrealistic samples, the distinct lack of percussion in most of them, and no endings. Some of them are pretty close to being MIDI rips, even. Not enough original material, except maybe some sort of short intro.

I have to give Urafaerie some credit for doing the first Symphonia remixes I've seen out there, but I can't say that they are all that good. Of course, these are about a year or two old, so it's quite possible he's improved.

Most of those were done in late 2004 I believe, and if he was still around to join the project back then, he'd have more than enough time to improve his skills as we went along. Well, I just wanted to point out this curiosity to others.

Sorry my track is taking so long. I keep running into a brick wall. Hopefully I'll be done by tonight.

Totally cool, Sixto. I'm not too concerned about it, since right now we're just kinda waiting for Project Chaos to be released before moving on to the next step, as well as gathering up the remaining songs from remixers. You're clear. :)

Speaking of which: I need to hear from klm09 and Dj Carbunk1e regarding the status of their songs, or they may be removed. It's been awhile...

I've been really busy with anime remix 3.0, the final fantasy 7 project, Tetris Attack project, 3 projects at work, and trying to defeat the Twin Emperors with my guild in World of Warcraft =P

oh, and I've been sick the last week.

I'll get you the song in the next 2 days, it's basically done anyways, just needs a clever ending other than a continuous drum loop (default reason thingy).

I've been really busy with anime remix 3.0, the final fantasy 7 project, Tetris Attack project, 3 projects at work, and trying to defeat the Twin Emperors with my guild in World of Warcraft =P

oh, and I've been sick the last week.

I'll get you the song in the next 2 days, it's basically done anyways, just needs a clever ending other than a continuous drum loop (default reason thingy).

Cool. Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks for the comments, Taucer. Hale did a totally awesome job. There's more where that came from. ;)

Those of you with unfinished/unsubmitted tracks have an email. Don't worry, you're not in trouble. Yet. :P

The lack of responses to this email confuses and worries me... I'll try more direct means of contact here in a day or two.

Kyle, why are you sailing instead of being on AIM, you booger?

Because the video games beckoned, and now my girlfriend does. I'll be on at that later time, sometime. Eventually.

Fine. Later, sometime, eventually, I'll go back to working on your pic, then, because I need to ask a coupla things about it.

That and I have project-related stuff to nag you about.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History