Artists! Create a logo for my next sample library, win $.

zircon

As some of you may know, I am part of a sample library developer called Impact Soundworks. We produce virtual instruments for composers and producers. One of our most popular libraries to date has been Shreddage, an electric guitar designed for rock and metal rhythm playing. It has been so successful that we created an expansion pack (Shreddage X) and now, we're working on a matching electric bass library.

I'm looking for someone to create the product logo/art for this new bass library which will be called "Shreddage Bass". This is an instrument that will also be oriented toward rock and metal, but the art doesn't need to be so close to the original Shreddage library (with the flames and stuff). Here are the details:

* Your entry should be square, and at least 1200x1200 in resolution (higher is fine.) For example: zirconstudios.com/filedump/ShreddageX%20Final.png

* The logo should include the product title "Shreddage Bass" prominently. It should also include a smaller subtitle, "Picked Edition".

* The product title should be apparent if the logo is resized to 900x340. This is size of the logo as it will appear on our website, eg: http://www.impactsoundworks.com/wp-content/themes/isw/images/shreddageX.jpg

* You may use stock art/photos, original art, stock fonts and any other resources as long as you have LEGAL access to them.

* The winning entry should be submitted with the PSD file. We'll ultimately want a JPG for the website.

If you browse our website you'll see our other product logos. What you create shouldn't be TOO different stylistically, but of course use your best judgment.

The winner will have their art used for the product and will be credited in the product manual. We'll give you any three ISW libraries of your choice plus $100.

Submit entries either here or email them to admin@impactsoundworks.com.

Deadline is December 1st. Have at it!

You shouldn't worry too much about the same fonts getting used. It's become and continues to become more and more the standard for highly recognizable fonts to be used in all kinds of commercial products.

It's about to drive me batshit crazy, personally, but thats counter-intuitive to my point. Don't mess with a working system. :)

And ***dammit, I can't find a metal bass guitar image I can legally use to save my life...

Sorry for the triple-post but the winner is PROTODOME! Thank you to everyone who submitted art. I know you all put time in and I really enjoyed looking at all the entries, each of which had its own unique style.

Here was Blake's winning piece:

Website%20Banner%20Preview%20-%20Blake%20

Thank you to everyone who submitted. I really appreciate it, and will probably do this again next time :-)

Sorry for the triple-post but the winner is PROTODOME! Thank you to everyone who submitted art. I know you all put time in and I really enjoyed looking at all the entries, each of which had its own unique style.

Here was Blake's winning piece:

Website%20Banner%20Preview%20-%20Blake%20

Thank you to everyone who submitted. I really appreciate it, and will probably do this again next time :-)

That is such BS. Playing favorites like that is just disgusting. I cannot BELIEVE you did not pick my entry, which was CLEARLY THE BEST OF THE BUNCH. :-x

http://biggiantcircles.com/stuff/ISW_shreddage_bass_OFFICIAL_LOGO_by_BIG_GIANT_CIRCLES.png

On an entirely unrelated note, congrats Blake.