On the Breath of the Wind - Wind Waker Project - Breaking News: SkyRiderX Co-Director!!!!

Swifthom

Now a very busy New years is over with I'm back..

Glad you all like the cover - that's some impressive work. I loved Pokemonstein's concept piece a while ago (and that's doing it a disservice, it was fully serviceable and a really good design) but this new rendering looks absolutely stunning. And we got a logo to boot :)

MC - Haven't had a chance to check your stuff out yet but your idea sounds good.

Are you capable of creating full track though or just the lyrics?

Skyrider - Will check out tomorrow.

If you want another track PM me and we can talk :)

G-Mixer- i'd be delighted, people have asked but nobodies done any work on it as far as I know. Send me a good WIP and it's yours.

Pokemonstein - yeah, will do when I can find time. :) I've a few surprises I haven't shared with anyone else yet, so when their in place i'll update the first post to explain everything

MC Final Sigma - If you can find a collaborator I can take you. I can't see myself having time to build a track for you though...

(MangaMan and I were working on lyrics for a ballad that we still haven't ironed out. I'll ask him if it'd be appropriate for that track, or if he has any ideas for another one...)

SkyriderX _ your track is brilliant

BRAN - THANK YOU :lol:

I've just finished assembling clips of all of the tracks I have WIPs for together into a massive trailer :D Some of these tracks are fantastic. Looking forward to sharing them with the public.

I'd just like, again, to thank everyone who's contributed. If anyone thinks there's is done PM me and we can arrange sending a .wav file over.

As for the few tracks left to be worked on - not a problem. I don't want to rush this, take your time to get it right. I do want to finish this year though :)

At the end of Jan I'll email OCR back with 'everything' we have and ask once again about official album release on OCR - to be honest if you took my tracks out this may pass muster :lol:

Anyone think they still want a track and want a challenge for a quick turnaround, get in touch NOW :)

(EDIT: Any singers out there willing to record a few lines PM me. We've a big project underway)

Edited by Swifthom

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so excited :-P

Okay, hopefully I'll have more news soon, but I see this as a brilliant opportunity (IF we get our asses in gear).

We currently have almost a dozen remixes at various stages of completion. Out of those I'd say only 2 or 3 require more work, the others just require a little fine tuning.

So I'm setting the final deadline for track as May. I've already spoken to at least 6 people, I'll contact a few more over the following weeks to check your good with that.

I've also submitted what we have to OCR to see if they're likely to bite or not. Turnaround time isn't guaranteed, neither is the fact we'll become an official OCR album, but I'd love to attempt to co-ordinate this release around the same time as the HD Wind Waker release.

So, to repeat, final WIP deadline: '1st MAY' :-P

I'm so excited :-P

Okay, hopefully I'll have more news soon, but I see this as a brilliant opportunity (IF we get our asses in gear).

We currently have almost a dozen remixes at various stages of completion. Out of those I'd say only 2 or 3 require more work, the others just require a little fine tuning.

So I'm setting the final deadline for track as May. I've already spoken to at least 6 people, I'll contact a few more over the following weeks to check your good with that.

I've also submitted what we have to OCR to see if they're likely to bite or not. Turnaround time isn't guaranteed, neither is the fact we'll become an official OCR album, but I'd love to attempt to co-ordinate this release around the same time as the HD Wind Waker release.

So, to repeat, final WIP deadline: '1st MAY' :-P

I'm still up for Dragon Roost, but keep it open because I'm not quite sure I can make it yet. I would love to, though. :)

If ANYONE wants DRAGON ROOST ISLAND I'd snap them up in an instant.

That applies from now right up until the day we release this. Seriously, the album won't feel 'complete' without it.

But that's fine; I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't heard this song, it's perfect in every way: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02100/

I did a rather chiptuney remix of it for remixing with the stars that I can rework (and I mean significantly rework) if you'd like. It was also written thematically (as in with a story behind it) if that appeals to you further.

If g-mixer would rather take it that's fine by me Though.

I did a rather chiptuney remix of it for remixing with the stars that I can rework (and I mean significantly rework) if you'd like. It was also written thematically (as in with a story behind it) if that appeals to you further.

If g-mixer would rather take it that's fine by me Though.

I'll most certainly take it, if I have time. I think I will, because I just got done with one project, and I'm taking a break from another since the next deadline isn't in a while, and I have the Sonic CD project 50% deadline nearly done, so I believe I'll have time, now that I think about it. Give me a couple more days, and I think I may be able to claim it.

So deadline is May 1st? Should we have other minor deadlines in place for like 50% done and nearly done or whatever? Just throwin' that idea out there.

I'll most certainly take it, if I have time. I think I will, because I just got done with one project, and I'm taking a break from another since the next deadline isn't in a while, and I have the Sonic CD project 50% deadline nearly done, so I believe I'll have time, now that I think about it. Give me a couple more days, and I think I may be able to claim it.

So deadline is May 1st? Should we have other minor deadlines in place for like 50% done and nearly done or whatever? Just throwin' that idea out there.

Well if you're going to take Dragon Roost, I can look at grandma's song or some sort of boss themes track.

Gah, I checked this earlier, decided to think carefully before replying, and now there's 5-6 more responses.

So, one at a time:

Deadline - I've set May the 1st as I do have 10 remixes that have gone through 2 WIPs already. I actually emailed the projects team at OCR and asked them to have a look at this on wednesday, so the tracks I already have are being evaluated on some level.

If you think you'll struggle with May 1st deadline to be 100% finished, but you CAN get the track done over summer, good, your still welcome. For latecomers however I think it'll be get me a WIP ASAP to claim the track and then get me a pretty much done song by May (even if you still want time to tidy it further up after that)

I was quite happy for this to be a single CD size album, we're not covering every track just a selection that represent the story's progression. I think there's a space for small, personal albums amongst the enormous behemoths OCR seems to produce with regularity.

That said I'm always happy to get more tracks :lol:

I just don't want to postpone this much longer.

G-Mixer + RexAsaurus - I'll PM you both over the weekend. I would love to have you both aboard. (Rexasaurus - I was mentally preparing lovely things I was going to say about your track :-P)

Bottom line is - if you think you can turn something around before summer, I'll have you.

DJ Mokram - Argle's joined us with a new version of 'The Legendary Hero' which scratches a similar itch, but no-one's stepped up to replace that track.

I actually really loved the WIP you had done.

Don't suppose you still have the files?

Edited by Swifthom

I'm putting finishing touches to it now. Doesn't cover every song, just some of the one's nearest completion. Musically it's there, i'm currently making a video and I should get it out by end of month - that was the plan :)

To be honest I've been a little startled by the sudden dramatic upturn in interest in the last 3 days. Still, it's nothing but good news in the long run.

Chernabogue - Would love to have you aboard.

We have a track to close the album - the much talked about but little progress made collaboration is just ready to start taking shape. It's been a while since the people who said they were up for it said so, but I'll start asking around in a week or so.

It'll either be the best thing ever or crash and burn horrifically :-P

A few people asked for title theme but I'm yet to see a WIP or hear anything for any length of time. If anyone actually wants to tackle it i'd be more than happy.

Also waiting for WIPs for Outset and Dragon Roost - but in both cases I am assured work is still underway.. :)