Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

UPDATE! PROGRESS! FINALLY!

I've removed a color (and there are no red tracks, either). The tracklist should now be a lot easier to approach to see what's available and what isn't. We want those orange tracks remixed, and we don't care who does them as long as they're good. Veterans, work faster, gimme progress. Newcomers, work, gimme progress. Progress, ppl! :D

We also have a consent form thing that you guys _need to fill out_ if you want your track(s) on the album. This, along with 4 other things we want from you, is a bit down in the first post.

Seikens.com have been having some technical problems, and not all pages are up. I've included a link to a google cached version of the page.

And pu_freak still can't call 317 Long Goodbye. :tomatoface:

+1 blue, thanks Emu and gang. :D If you look at the tracklist, it's almost as if we've made progress in the last... years?

Also, all remixers on the project: Go here, fill stuff out. Otherwise we can't use your tracks on the album.

I think I got mine in, but I also had to do one for several other projects. Is there a way to see which ones I've submitted?

+1 blue, thanks Emu and gang. :D If you look at the tracklist, it's almost as if we've made progress in the last... years?

Also, all remixers on the project: Go here, fill stuff out. Otherwise we can't use your tracks on the album.

OK, I'm confused. I did this already. We have to do it again??

EDIT: Whoops! I take that back. I did it for another project. My bad. I'll get to it right now!

OK, I'm confused. I did this already. We have to do it again??

EDIT: Whoops! I take that back. I did it for another project. My bad. I'll get to it right now!

lol

Also, I don't have access to the database the form outputs to, so I have no idea who's signed it and who hasn't. Because this form thing is a relatively new thing (which I've only had to sign for one project iirc) some of the project's older remixers (remixers of tracks completed long ago... you know what I mean) might not be aware of it. Most of our tracks were completed before I even saw this thing, so I don't expect you all to know about it.

In other words: new thing, sign, or else... ;)

lol

Also, I don't have access to the database the form outputs to, so I have no idea who's signed it and who hasn't. Because this form thing is a relatively new thing (which I've only had to sign for one project iirc) some of the project's older remixers (remixers of tracks completed long ago... you know what I mean) might not be aware of it. Most of our tracks were completed before I even saw this thing, so I don't expect you all to know about it.

In other words: new thing, sign, or else... ;)

In a worst-case scenario, we are able to combine the results of the form with any other consent statements you get via other means. It is just much much WAY much easier if everyone signs the new thing, since the table it goes into is sortable and can be easily checked against a project's roster for consistency.

Glad to see this project going well, too.

I'm still alive; haven't been on the computer much lately due to health related reasons, but I'll be back to work soon, hopefully.

As in, subbed to OCR...? Would that count as pre-album release leak?

I'm not sure but I don't think so... I've always subbed project tracks when I felt good that they could pass but you're right, I didn't exactly ask Rozo for permission in advance

I'm still alive; haven't been on the computer much lately due to health related reasons, but I'll be back to work soon, hopefully.

As in, subbed to OCR...? Would that count as pre-album release leak?

No. Subbing to OCR is fine as long as you make sure that it says in your submission e-mail that this is for the SD3 project. They'll hold the mix until the release of the project.

Most of the project is blue, has been for some time. :D

I still have barely any track notes or artist bios. I'll include examples in the email I'll send out once I have a few to choose from. So far, I've only got both from Jago, and one or the other from a handful of others.

Preview comes after I talk to Stevo or someone about the tracks that we have your consent to use, formally and officially and stuff. So go sign the thingy in the first post. Yes, there'll be art in the preview. Have you seen what Keiiii can do? You'll be amazed either way. :)

Welcome Jeffrey Hayat, who just handed me a wav of Female Turbulence. Progress! :D

I sign the same form y/n?

I'll have my bio done over the next couple of days (assuming you want one from me as well).

idunno, sure, go sign it. And yup, bio plz. You _are_ on the project. :)

So are the rest of you! Sign it, send me your bio, send me your track notes... and your wavs. Wavs! WAVS!

(I shouldn't be awake atm)

I was just told that Sam English is done with his track, and I have his wav, so why wasn't it blue before? And Sixto is working on a track of which I haven't heard a recent wip despite that it's almost done, what's up with that? It's simple - this project is a mess to coordinate.

+1 wav

is it can be consent form signed for all the tracks, too?

Also, where are you guys who've claimed tracks and made some progress, even, but then don't keep in touch? Lots of cool tracks that won't be on this album if you guys don't come back. :(

Edited by Rozovian

I haven't really done to much more to my track.

It's basically the same, however, I'm thinking about having a friend (Anielca22) add some of her awesome singing skillz. I would like to see if that would be ok, and also, if it is ok, we may need help with EQing and whatnot. I've never done this kind of thing before.

She did a fantastic job on my Song of Ruin remix. Please check it out: http://youtu.be/t3uiewBJpvw

If she can hop on this track, she'll take it up to the next level, IMO.

What do you think, Rozo?

Thanks Rozo!

OK, I sent a message to Anielca on YouTube, and she's down. She is a OCR member, but she does not post all that often.

I'm not sure who can give her an invite to post in the private forums, but I can get her to come in a say hello once she has permission.

I'll get back in contact with her later on tonight, and send her a copy of my WIP. Will she need to record her vocals separately?

Bought Portal 2, so guess how productive I've been.

Uh, the private forums have been so inactive that I assumed nobody used them. I'll get her access to the sd3 parts if there's still stuff happening there. She'll have to be signed up for the forums there first, tho.

Record her vocals separately? Uh, yeah... probably. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You kind'a need them separate so you can mix them in properly.

• 4 weeks later...

Summer's here, which means two things: ppl now have more time, and ppl now have less time. I'm gonna be afk for a few weeks fairly soon, so I won't be sitting by the deadline watching the seconds tick by. That doesn't mean I don't want your mixes, just that the wip/wav due date is, in practice, later than advertized.

Work on your tracks, send me something so I know you're still with us... and if ypu're not ok with being included in the previews that are still all talk no upload, let me know.

Also, sign the consent form, send me a track writeup and a bio, formal or informal.

Public preview coming later. It would help if I had more finished tracks. ;)

PS. It's summer. I don't sit all day by the computer, so don't expect me to appear on AIM regularly. Email or PMs plz.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic