Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

It would be "Valon ja pimeyden lauluja" instead of "Valon ja pimeyden laulut" - the latter is "The Songs of Light and Darkness" while the former equals "Songs of Light and Darkness" without the definite article. "Lauluja" also sounds prettier. Furthermore, "Valon ja pimeyden laulut", while not grammatically wrong, sounds clumsy as a title.. something like "Kaikki valon ja pimeyden laulut", which translates to "All the Songs of Light and Darkness" sounds better (while of course changing the meaning).

Eino, projekti muuten tarvitsisi lisää korvia. ;) Ainakin sit kun deadline tule vastaan. Kiinnostaako?

Uhh, kyllä kiinnostaa ja mielelläni olen pystyessäni avuksi, mutta aika on tosi tiukilla. Pitää miettiä hetki!

--Eino

• 2 weeks later...
You really turned "Spume" into a verb, didn't you?
spume |spyoōm| poetic/literary

noun

froth or foam, esp. that found on waves.

verb [ intrans. ]

form or produce a mass of froth or foam : water was spuming under the mill.

Yes, no, and while i appreciate spumitude for the effort to make tracks as good as they get, no amount of spuminess excuses spumey tracks from spuming past deadlines. If you want to be spumish, at least send me _a_ finished version before the spumification gets too crazy.

Just wanted to let you know that if you want someone to help people with midis, I'd be pleased to offer my help. But if you have anyone else in mind, no problem. :)

Send me an official-midi-render-audition-demo-thing and unless it sucks you'll be on my list of ppl considered for it. Or collab with ppl directly. Already got someone interested, but there's two tracks, atm, that need it, and there could be more... ;)

More ppl interested in doing that means I won't have to do it myself. Sure, I know the tracks and my own standards better, but if this was supposed to be a Rozo-only project I'd have done a terrible job at it letting so many of you non-Rozo ppl on it. :P

Yeah, that's what I'm shooting for. If you have any issues with it, I'll still have time to fix them before the final wav deadline. Btw, I sent you a friend request on FB.

:D x2

So... today is a pretty good day. I got a midi the other day and have been working on its sound. We consider it pretty much finished, just needs Usa's approval.

I also got a supposedly finished track in my pm inbox. That makes two finished tracks, pending final crits and nitpick fixes and stuff. It's almost as if the project is actually moving forward!

I'll update the tracklist later today.

edit, not gonna double.. .triple post: I still want your emails addresses so I can remind everyone at once that I want track notes and a bio, ocr project terms, all stuff like that. Emails!

Edited by Rozovian

Quadruple post, just wanna remind ppl about the upcoming wip due date... I'll open your tracks if I don't get an update by then. I may also be a little disappoint and sad.

I am pleased with the stuff I've gotten so far, jhust wanna make sure you're all aware of the wip due date. I mean, you're not on the project just to sit on tracks ppl might wanna remix, right? :P

Getting wavs of both songs uploaded to my adrive account now. I'll email the links to you shortly, Rozovian. Meanwhile, as always, if anything is not quite right, let me know and I'll whip up fixes for them. I kinda wish I would've used all the extra time to tweak them more, but there seems to be always something else going on. Bleh! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic