Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

I realize nobody "has" it but I don't want to swoop in and take it from someone who is already interested in it. That's why claims are important to list and wips are dumb. :-x

If you WANT to do something - DO IT!

If my rmx will suck, I sub it aside of this project, I don't see any problem here. More done tracks - more stuff to choose from.

Right?:?

Hello again all.

Also effective immediately is my reinstatement as Assistant Director for the project - negating and erasing previous resignation statement from Tuesday. I discussed this with Rozovian and this is good to go.

I do owe you an explanation.

Tuesday was a really, really not good day for me and it ended in a health emergency that left me unhinged and not convinced I could continue my duties as the AD. The episode itself was more TMI than I'm comfortable sharing in a serious context, but it involved quite a lot of blood in the bathroom and thats all you should know. Since the summer, my family and my wife's family have been plagued with health scares nearly every week - heart problems, breast cancers, lung something-or-other, toothaches, kidney stones, malaria, and shitload of other problems I cannot afford to fix medically, so this was a straw that broke and I panicked and genuinely thought I could no longer resume my duties to the project.

As of writing today, my panicking was premature and not nearly as bad as I thought it was late Tuesday night in a fit, so I will be able to resume my duties after all.

Sorry to shit on your parade there, Brandon, but it looks like I'm here to stay until completion. If you don't like that, you know what to kiss and where to find it. If you don't like me being "pushy", then don't be an unreasonable, difficult manchild every time I have to get a track update from you. You don't get special treatment just because you want to act like a hotshot.

My job for this project is, has and always will be to GET SHIT DONE and that is my everlasting promise to the project. If you say you're going to do a track and provide a musical piece for it, you are issuing a commitment to the project. If you don't provide updates or communication, my job is to get it from you until you either A. complete it or B. quit and we replace you. One way or another, I will get A or B. That's my job.

Remember, no one has to be "pushy" if you're doing what it was you said you'd do for us in the first place. There is absolutely no reason to not be reasonable. You can talk to either of us for anything regarding the project without any need for drama and unreasonability. If you want to be hard-to-reach and difficult to deal with, I will be pushy. It's as simple as that.

For those of you who were inspired to more action since my unfortunate statement on Tuesday, I'm quite proud to see it. Wish it didn't require me to quit to see it, but let's not worry about that now. Let's use that momentum to get some serious work done on this project.

Let's get to work! :)

Edited by Meteo Xavier

Sorry to shit on your parade there, Brandon, but it looks like I'm here to stay until completion. If you don't like that, you know what to kiss and where to find it. If you don't like me being "pushy", then don't be an unreasonable, difficult manchild every time I have to get a track update from you. You don't get special treatment just because you want to act like a hotshot.

And this is why I don't like you, and will continue to not work with you. You have learned absolutely nothing.

If you WANT to do something - DO IT!

If my rmx will suck, I sub it aside of this project, I don't see any problem here. More done tracks - more stuff to choose from.

Right?:?

It's alright man, you can have it. I have way too much other stuff to finish anyway. x_______x

Edited by Brandon Strader

And this is why I don't like you, and will continue to not work with you. You have learned absolutely nothing.

Learn what? So far, you're the only person I've had any kind of real difficulty with on this project. Everyone else I've worked with has been almost perfectly reasonable and any difficulty resulting from it was an issue outside of the reasonable level of control - sound qualities, computer problems, not being available online at certain times, etc. You're the only person I've worked with on this project that seems to be difficult just because you feel like it. I won't go as far as to say that's accurate, but I can't think of any other reason you would go to these lengths to be difficult to me.

If you have something to teach, teach it. Otherwise, quit wasting my time with these bland, vague potshots. We have a project to finish.

Learn what? So far, you're the only person I've had any kind of real difficulty with on this project. Everyone else I've worked with has been almost perfectly reasonable and any difficulty resulting from it was an issue outside of the reasonable level of control - sound qualities, computer problems, not being available online at certain times, etc. You're the only person I've worked with on this project that seems to be difficult just because you feel like it. I won't go as far as to say that's accurate, but I can't think of any other reason you would go to these lengths to be difficult to me.

If you have something to teach, teach it. Otherwise, quit wasting my time with these bland, vague potshots. We have a project to finish.

I apologize to Rozo for continuing on the derailing a bit, but there is a lot of irony in your last two posts that should be addressed - there are multiple instances where your own words can be used to describe your interactions with others. If you're going to accuse so strongly, you'd best be ready to evaluate your own actions, since you have committed many of the same faults you are accusing Brandon of, except you are arrogant enough to not even try to self-evaluate & improve yourself attitude-wise.

Show some humility and grow up. Venting at everyone for the slightest of faults is not going to get you anywhere but a put off response from just about everyone. It is a perfect example of poor management skills.

If the management skills are poor, why does Rozovian allow me to continue? He's my boss and he promoted me in the first place. He also gave the ok to come back. If he agrees, he can demote me back out, but he's the authority on that matter here, not Brandon and not you.

My poor management skills are helping where it matters most right now - getting tracks in and recruiting others. I have to emphasize tracks over people skills because, guess what, this project is years and years old and people are disappearing left and right. Not all of us are happy waiting 5 or more years for their work to be justified.

If you have suggestions for how I could improve as a manager in a reasonable context, I am more than happy to hear them and execute them - I will do anything that is beneficial for the project, but Rozovian and the project itself are my masters, not you. If you have a problem with me as a person, which is most likely what your criticisms are deriving from, take it outside this forum. There is no room for drama as we get this accomplished. I want tracks in, no drama and no bullshit. If that makes me a poor manager, so be it, but take your drama outside.

It's pretty hard to be humble about a shortcoming when one does not know what the specific shortcoming is. "Pushy" does not count because, again, that's my job and it's what I have to do for the project.

Edited by Meteo Xavier

I gave you the shortcoming in management right in that last line.

If what Brandon said earlier in #ocremix is correct regarding your interactions with him, it is even more damning in this instance, and this is coming from someone who has also personally had some difficult moments with Brandon (him and I would both agree, but we are on good grounds). If true, and prior interaction with several others here seem to indicate a pattern, your social interactions are especially poor to the point that some people choose to avoid talking to you. I have made that choice to a lesser extent due to some irrational bursts/behavior.

Again, self-evaluation with how you respond with an unrequited amount of vitriol to any person who you have the slightest suspicion of trying to do something bad/negative is something you need to do, especially when you're not innocent of those very same actions. It appears you don't consider how your actions affect other people, and that's a fundamental failing which can drive people away.

This is my last post on the matter (plus I have to go for drill weekend with my unit). I am only trying to be helpful in letting you know these shortcomings - I've wrestled with the same in the past. The difference is that I addressed my own issues.

I'm stepping in to put an end to this madness. You people are arguing like a bunch of fishwives, and I can't really say I like it.

This is a remixing project, not a Dr. Phil episode. If you need to resolve some of your personal issues, you can do that away from the other members. And as a friend of all three of you musketeers, I'd appreciate it if this stupid teenage-bitch tension were finally over, because it's making me feel really uncomfortable (and I'm probably not the only one). You're grown men, please act like it.

Instead of crying because "the big bad boss is being mean to you", just remix your damn track and hand it in before the deadline. It really is that simple. I've never had any problems with Meteo OR Brandon OR Bahamut OR any other project director with whom I've been in contact.

Seriously, stop this bickering and start treating each other with respect.

On a more project-related note, I've been working on a Meridian Child WIP for the last two days, and the one guy who snatches the track from me is the ultimate master of orchestral arrangements. Oh well. =D

I gave you the shortcoming in management right in that last line.

If what Brandon said earlier in #ocremix is correct regarding your interactions with him, it is even more damning in this instance, and this is coming from someone who has also personally had some difficult moments with Brandon (him and I would both agree, but we are on good grounds). If true, and prior interaction with several others here seem to indicate a pattern, your social interactions are especially poor to the point that some people choose to avoid talking to you. I have made that choice to a lesser extent due to some irrational bursts/behavior.

Again, self-evaluation with how you respond with an unrequited amount of vitriol to any person who you have the slightest suspicion of trying to do something bad/negative is something you need to do, especially when you're not innocent of those very same actions. It appears you don't consider how your actions affect other people, and that's a fundamental failing which can drive people away.

This is my last post on the matter (plus I have to go for drill weekend with my unit). I am only trying to be helpful in letting you know these shortcomings - I've wrestled with the same in the past. The difference is that I addressed my own issues.

You are not helpful. I don't even know what you do for this project if anything. Brandon at least contributes some genuinely awesome music and for that I'm willing to give him some benefit for his opinions.

Your entire thing here is based on past vitriol, something I've made an effort to largely stop doing for the past two years. I can't say with any authority I've stopped doing it entirely, but my days of doing that at the drop of a hat have been over for some time.

You should know more than anyone, because you stick your name and nose obsessively on every project that comes to light, that management on an OCR is more than just dealing with people socially. I'm not good with that, I admit it, and that's not what I promise to the project. I promise instead to get more tracks in and offer whatever I can for the benefit of efficiency and closing off things to do. My whole vitriolic defense here is a measure to keep you from continuing to waste our time on bullshit drama.

I could've been working on Youtube links for the front page right now, instead, I'm trying to stop bullshit drama that was not necessary in any way, shape or form and may be detrimental to project progress. You will stop wasting my time with your bullshit so I can continue work for the project.

If you have a problem with me, do something about it. Get me thrown out. Ban me if you want, but in the context of the project, you have no authority over me and the best you can criticize me for is shit that happened 2-3 years ago that had nothing to do with this project. If three sponges filled with blood couldn't stop me from continuing work here, you can't either.

I will apologize for some aggressiveness, but not all of it because it gets tracks in. That's what matters, and that's the end of this argument. We're going with Archangel and thats the last of the bullshit.

Please just stop and let the sd3 stuff get back on track, like Archangel suggested.

I agree. Good call, Brandon.

Here are the Youtube links for the proper track listings.

1. (

) - Not Awaken

2. (

) - Where Angels Fear To Tread

3. (

) - Ordinary People

4. (

) - Whiz Kid

5. (

) - Walls and Steels

6. (

) - Axe Bring Storm

7. (

) - Sweet Little Cafe

8. (

) - Witchmakers

9. (

) - Another Winter

10. (

) - Ancient Dolphin

11. (

) - Hope, Isolation, Pray

12. (

) - Raven

13. (

) - Damn Damn Drum

14. (

) - Innocent Sea

15. (

) - Swivel

16. (

) - Oh I'm a Flamelet

17. (

) - Don't Hunt the Fairy

18. (

) - Fable

19. (

) - Left Handed Wolf

20. (

) - Person's Die

21. (

) - Harvest November

22. (

) - Few Paths Forbidden

23. (

) - Female Turbulance

24. (

) - Intolerance

25. (

) - Different Road.

26. (

) - Powell

27. (

) - Political Pressure

28. (

) - Nuclear Fusion

29. (

) - Meridian Child

30. (

) - Closed Garden

31. (

) - Splash Hop

32. (

) - Innocent Water

33. (

) - Delicate Affection

34. (

) - Three of Darkside

35. (

) - Last Audience

36. (

) - Obsession

37. (

) - Strange Medicine

38. (

) - Frenzy

39. (

) - Can You Fly, Sister?

40. (

) - Decision Bell

41. (

) - Secret of Mana

42. (

) - Faith Total Machine

43. (

) - Weird Counterpoint

44. (

) - Rolling Cradle

45. (

) - Black Soup

46. (

) - Hightension Wire

47. (

) - And Other

48. (

) - Electric Talk

49. (

) - Religion Thunder

50. (

) - Angel's Dear

51. (

) - Sacrifice Part 1

52. (

) - Sacrifice Part 2

53. (

) - Sacrifice Part 3

54. (

) - Reincarnation

55. (

) - Farewell Song

56. (

) - Breezin

57. (

) - Return to Forever

58. (

) - Long Goodbye

59. (

) - Flight From the Holy Land

Am I missing any?

My name's in purple on the front page, what else do you guys need?

Some comments on your track and a short bio, iirc.

btw guys, I got a wip for 111 last night. Funny how it's from k-wix, not from the three I know were considering/working on that source. Clearly it's a popular source. :D

We don't do exclusivity on this track, so having two mixes of it on the project (or three, or more) is perfectly acceptable, as long as the project doesn't become Songs of Hope Isolation Pray. If you wanna finish your wips, feel free, and if they fit the project, we'll take them. (But we do prefer to get unmixed tracks mixed, you know.)

Ok, next announcement from my end, me and the wife are going to be moving into a new house (FINALLY) and I will be less and less available as it gets closer to April 2nd, the closing and moving date. After that, I hope to be fully available again after the first week of April.

So if I owe anyone work or anyone needs something from me in the project sense, please request it now because I may not be able to get to it until after the first week of April. Don't be shy! If I can help you in any way, blast it out and I'll try to get to it. That's my job and I'm happy to do it.

Hit me up here or at Meteo.Xavier@gmail.com or MeteoX9999 for AIM.

Keep up the good work people! We're getting more and more progress done and if we keep it up, we could have tracks finished by the start or middle of summer!

EDIT: Ooh, one more thing. I'm also trying to build up press ideas for spreading SD3 as far as humanly possible. If you know of any, and I do mean ANY, videogame sites or music places where we could successfully submit a press release or anything else pointing potential fans to the remix release, post it here! We've worked hard and we should get our due for the effort we put in.

Thank you again!

Edited by Meteo Xavier

Just a random idea to get some publicity: we could start a Youtube spamming campaign and leave cryptic comments on all Seiken Densetsu 3 videos, maybe an unofficial project slogan or something similar. People tend to get really nosy and start Googling stuff like that sooner or later.

Because the last project-related campaign did so well. :P

Seriously, it's a cool idea, and best handled with some subtlety. Posts like "somebody remix this" will probably do better than "dudes, ocremix is making an sd3 remix album".

Or were you talking about messages actually made towards some ARG thing, secret codes and multiple-site stuff? That would be great to design and execute, tho I would rather work on tracks to get a complete album done sooner. And the teaser. Waiting on a little more art atm, gonna start picking tracks for it after that.

btw, your behemoth of a track is spectacular.

edit: I suck at reading. Secret slogan suggestions welcome, everybody throw us ideas!

Putting 'tastic on the end of a word does not make it a slogan.

Do we really need a slogan? Seems kinda... I don't know how to not say "beneath us", but that and the Youtube suggestions just don't seem to fit the project to me.

Definitely based on what we're learning from the Mega Man X thing, we need to offer something far more straight-forward and mature. No gimmicks and no spamming Youtube videos (trust me, people see through that shit pretty easy) and let's rethink the slogan thing.

Mostly what I've been working toward right now is getting a list together of videogame places online and maybe print where we can submit a press release, post, download link, etc. I asked Larry where they would be submitting it so I don't get redundant, but I want to use every single decent musical and videogame outlet we can find and get a do-to list together for it. Import/ROM/RPG places are going to be key since Seiken Densetsu 3 still isn't nearly as well known as Secret of Mana.

That's where I'm sitting on it right now, any thoughts?

Definitely based on what we're learning from the Mega Man X thing, we need to offer something far more straight-forward and mature.

I'm not saying the slogan thing should be the only way we get some publicity, it could just be a way to create some hype.

I mean, if a couple of people post some seemingly normal comments on Seiken Densetsu 3 videos, but add something cryptic like "Delve into the Songs of Light and Darkness" or something like that (preferably less lame), people will definitely start wondering what this is all about.

btw, your behemoth of a track is spectacular.

Tackar tackar. =)

Edited by Bahamut

On the Youtube idea, I can't say I like it. Imagine if you posted your game track or remix on Youtube and everyone else who was working on a remix project wanting attention was posting "Hey guys, check out MY remix at..." or "You guys want to listen to a REAL remix? Check out my remix at...". I see it and quite a bit of "viral" marketing on Youtube and Reverbnation and such. It's pretty obnoxious and no one on Youtube responds well to it.

There are better, more dignified ways to market and even viral market this album and I think we should be exploring them instead because, insanely immature drama aside, this is a really dignified project we're putting together.

Don't let that stop you from brainstorming and throwing ideas out here. I don't mind a slogan at all as long as its good and fits, I just don't think we'll need one.

Edited by Meteo Xavier

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic