Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

EDIT: Removed premature resignation post. Reinstated as Assistant Director until further notice of cataclysmic health statuses either personal or global. Thank you!

Edited by Meteo Xavier
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apparently Meteo has quit the project for the time being, so I can be totally... tarian. Noboby's gonna stop me from deciding we're doing monthly deadlines where I open stuff up at the beginning of every month if I'm not satisfied with the progress.

On that note, I got a 9-minute wip and two wavs the other day. I'm pretty satisfied with the progress atm. :D

k-wix and everyone, take more tracks! Take more tracks! :D

You can put me down for 111 Hope Isolation Pray, but don't cut me if I don't have it done by April 1st! Seriously I got a lot going on! But the source is really appealing to me and right down my alley... If you could get in touch with me privately that'd be ideal but I gotta run to my parents' house, ma done locked herself out, the silly goose. She gonna get me dinner though so it's all good.

Brandon, you should know the drill by now: no wip, no claim. Also, a cut doesn't mean a ban, it just means your get more competition on it... Don't give me a reason to open it, and I won't. :P

I'm not putting anyone down for anything until I hear a wip.

Also, remember the project direction about the mood of the soundtrack and no overly synthy stuff. No techno. This means you, Brandon. :P

I'm not putting anyone down for anything until I hear a wip.

Also, remember the project direction about the mood of the soundtrack and no overly synthy stuff. No techno. This means you, Brandon. :P

I will fight you tooth and nail for another 70s synth

Argue like you want but that's an organic instrument

Well I have nothing of 111 yet, so nobody "has" it yet.

It is, btw, a good idea to announce the tracks you're working on, at least if you don't have your name on them yet. Then again, what's the worst that could have happened otherwise, that I'd get three remixes of this track? How terrible. :P

(as for records, I think I've beaten Kyle's record... haven't I? and ToaD doesn't count, it took a hiatus.)

edit: wip of Meridian Child get!

Edited by Rozovian
I realize nobody "has" it but I don't want to swoop in and take it from someone who is already interested in it. That's why claims are important to list and wips are dumb. :-x

If you WANT to do something - DO IT!

If my rmx will suck, I sub it aside of this project, I don't see any problem here. More done tracks - more stuff to choose from.

Right?:?

Hello again all.

Also effective immediately is my reinstatement as Assistant Director for the project - negating and erasing previous resignation statement from Tuesday. I discussed this with Rozovian and this is good to go.

I do owe you an explanation.

Tuesday was a really, really not good day for me and it ended in a health emergency that left me unhinged and not convinced I could continue my duties as the AD. The episode itself was more TMI than I'm comfortable sharing in a serious context, but it involved quite a lot of blood in the bathroom and thats all you should know. Since the summer, my family and my wife's family have been plagued with health scares nearly every week - heart problems, breast cancers, lung something-or-other, toothaches, kidney stones, malaria, and shitload of other problems I cannot afford to fix medically, so this was a straw that broke and I panicked and genuinely thought I could no longer resume my duties to the project.

As of writing today, my panicking was premature and not nearly as bad as I thought it was late Tuesday night in a fit, so I will be able to resume my duties after all.

Sorry to shit on your parade there, Brandon, but it looks like I'm here to stay until completion. If you don't like that, you know what to kiss and where to find it. If you don't like me being "pushy", then don't be an unreasonable, difficult manchild every time I have to get a track update from you. You don't get special treatment just because you want to act like a hotshot.

My job for this project is, has and always will be to GET SHIT DONE and that is my everlasting promise to the project. If you say you're going to do a track and provide a musical piece for it, you are issuing a commitment to the project. If you don't provide updates or communication, my job is to get it from you until you either A. complete it or B. quit and we replace you. One way or another, I will get A or B. That's my job.

Remember, no one has to be "pushy" if you're doing what it was you said you'd do for us in the first place. There is absolutely no reason to not be reasonable. You can talk to either of us for anything regarding the project without any need for drama and unreasonability. If you want to be hard-to-reach and difficult to deal with, I will be pushy. It's as simple as that.

For those of you who were inspired to more action since my unfortunate statement on Tuesday, I'm quite proud to see it. Wish it didn't require me to quit to see it, but let's not worry about that now. Let's use that momentum to get some serious work done on this project.

Let's get to work! :)

Edited by Meteo Xavier
Sorry to shit on your parade there, Brandon, but it looks like I'm here to stay until completion. If you don't like that, you know what to kiss and where to find it. If you don't like me being "pushy", then don't be an unreasonable, difficult manchild every time I have to get a track update from you. You don't get special treatment just because you want to act like a hotshot.

And this is why I don't like you, and will continue to not work with you. You have learned absolutely nothing.

If you WANT to do something - DO IT!

If my rmx will suck, I sub it aside of this project, I don't see any problem here. More done tracks - more stuff to choose from.

Right?:?

It's alright man, you can have it. I have way too much other stuff to finish anyway. x_______x

Edited by Brandon Strader
  • Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic