Lollipop Chainsaw

KyleJCrb

• 2 weeks later...
I remember when Suda51 used to make games that were intelligent and made me respect him as a game designer. Now apparently he's making zombie games and objectifying women. Doesn't look too good to me.

Saying that this objectifies women is like saying Blazing Saddles is racist. It goes so far over that line that it's impossible to be offended by it.

Saying that this objectifies women is like saying Blazing Saddles is racist. It goes so far over that line that it's impossible to be offended by it.

Apparently "being hot" is now suddenly synonymous with "being objectified." If Juliet truly represented female objectification, she wouldn't be the one cutting zombies apart with a chainsaw; she'd be sobbing and screaming in the corner as her boyfriend did all the dirty work.

Juliet is sort of a parody of the objectified woman. Of course, since the industry as a whole hasn't come close to being tired of playing it straight, the whole parody aspect falls a little flat for some.

Personally, I have yet to play the game, and probably won't. The concept never really drew me in.

I could listen to Arch Enemy in winamp while playing any other game. :-o

You could too!

I misread the post, I thought they wrote the soundtrack. It's less impressive when they're just featuring tracks from Arch Enemy. Not that it's a bad thing, but I wanted the chance to do an OCR arrangement of an Arch Enemy track...

I misread the post, I thought they wrote the soundtrack. It's less impressive when they're just featuring tracks from Arch Enemy. Not that it's a bad thing, but I wanted the chance to do an OCR arrangement of an Arch Enemy track...

Nah, the original music in the game is by the Silent Hill guy, Akira Yamaoka. It's awesome.

Nah, the original music in the game is by the Silent Hill guy, Akira Yamaoka. It's awesome.

And that dude from MSI wrote the boss battle music.

Regardless, I have a hard-on for this game and need to buy it.

EDIT: I'm surprised the OCR "Bronies" aren't flocking to this game like moths to flame since the chick who voices "Twilight Sparkle" voices Juliet.