OCR02481 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Shikashi's Dream"

djpretzel

Yay! Some more Majora love! I really really like this mix a lot. There are some fantastic ideas, the beats are well-used, and there's a good sense of progression. The slow intro was great and led into the main melody in a really nice way. My only two issues would be it falls a little into repetitious territory, and has a few odd tonal choices/transitions in a couple places. Otherwise, very nice work and a great start for a first-time poster! Heck yeah to more Majora, and great mix!

Love the dark ambience here - the production on this piece is super cool.

Piano is great, and so are the strings. The pads used in this piece feel very good, very mellow but spacious sounding.

This piece is very cinematic sounding which I like it. Good job on creating that sort of dark atmosphere!

Yup. One of the best Zelda mixes in a while IMO, but I'm a sucker for this type of music anyways :P.

Also did I mention the gating is super cool? Because the gating is super cool.

Nice song choice! This remix is slow to get interesting but it does a good job of being a creepy version of an originally upbeat song. I especially like the part beginning at 2:55 where it sounds like a distorted radio (for lack of a better term). The song is fairly forgettable since it doesn't do anything flashy but it works for what it is. Thanks for creating this remix, anterroir! Hopefully there will be more in the future :grin:

Surprisingly long intro there, but it didn't wander off for no reason. It seemed to have a logical structure to me. Loved the bit crushed percussion made to build it up at 1:18 - 1:26.

Perhaps some more filler notes could have been used to flesh out the piano in the intro some more, though, considering the pattern in the chord technique was somewhat simple, but it's not overbearing.

The snare afterwards could have a tad more low end punch, but it's sufficient nonetheless.

The gated poly saw was interesting, but it went on for quite a long time. Maybe it could have faded out at about 4:15, but that's alright.

At 4:35, perhaps you could have added some new elements to the mix (considering it feels like the climax), as you kept a lot of them from earlier, but the mix still works well there.

Overall, great work!

I absolutely love it! I've already listened to it well over a dozen times at work over the last two days. This one's right up my alley, particularly once it really hits it's grove at 2:08, this ones going on the Ipod! Thanks for sharing this with everyone!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That intro set the stage for the rest of the ReMix very well. Picking it up at that the yell was a good mark to it, and this really does come off as a cinematic ending, although I see it more as a game ending than a movie score. Either way, it fits that tone of summing things up. Good debut ReMix with this one.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02481 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Shikashi's Dream"