OCR02530 - Mega Man 10 & 7 "Solarcoil"

djpretzel

Proud of ya man. Like I was saying earlier, going through that many revisions and turning the tide of the panel...had to be a hectic journey. The GRMRB made a lot of us grow and expand in a very short amount of time. Learning new styles, making pieces of video game music mash up in a way that most people wouldn't have even thought of.

This remix is pretty kickin'. :D

I'm glad I talked you into joining the tournament. Here's looking out for your sophomore mix to be posted.

Best of luck. :)

This is a really well-balanced "competitive" Remix; I didn't feel like either source was overpowering the other in terms of usage or presence, which is how most tend to make me feel. Definitely an energetic piece, in a very good way - I usually prefer chiller pieces for multiple listenings, but this is definitely an exception; I foresee many, many replays of it.

Oh, and a belated congratulations on getting posted. :350::nicework:

• 7 months later...

Solid debut for sure. Both themes sound well-represented and the whole pop-hook electronica feel that he was going for was certainly obtained here. It has moments where it isn't as clear as the rest of the ReMix, but in a good way. Lots of texture and very effective instrument sounds here. Nice work, man.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I love techno mixes like this. All you need is a small snippet of a catchy chiptune and you can embellish it in so many energetic and satisfying ways. Love the electronic tom toms that appear unpredictably. Section starting at 2:02 has a nice alternating clap-snare thing going on. Really dig it. Synth lead is definitely what makes this mix stand out. Cool flanger-y sound (did I get that right? lol) 

Can't quite hear any Spring Man theme tho...:-(

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02530 - Mega Man 10 & 7 "Solarcoil"