Final Fantasy Crystal Clash - Congratulations to Tuberz McGee and Eino Keskitalo!

Brandon Strader

It's 1 week from when you start, so 11/17 (Monday) at 12am EST. Check the Darkness bracket countdown for the exact time. That's when light round ends and voting begins, and darkness bracket.

Your Current News section should clearly spell out due dates/times for both mixing stages and voting stages.

Having a story is nice but that's not really the purpose of Current News.

Just to clarify, voting will be done in pairs right with each pair having one elimination?

Since we are whomping each other in this fashion I think a more Dissidia-esque storyline would work for this competition. i.e. Everyone is fighting each other, they can't figure out why. So, the only way they can hope to figure it out, is by fighting each other some more. :)

I think Hakstok is going to get a free pass on this one. Can. Not. Find. The. Time.

three days! i think you can make it. you have until weds for the RWTS entry, so you could just power through that monday-weds after this compo. it doesnt have to be good, but i bet you could come up with something, even if you only learn ONE thing out of this compo, its still good practice. I felt that way about the wily castle gauntlet. I made a (shitty) remix the night before the end of my first round, and i at the very least learned a tiny bit about key signatures.

Its worth a shot :)

three days! i think you can make it. you have until weds for the RWTS entry, so you could just power through that monday-weds after this compo. it doesnt have to be good, but i bet you could come up with something, even if you only learn ONE thing out of this compo, its still good practice. I felt that way about the wily castle gauntlet. I made a (shitty) remix the night before the end of my first round, and i at the very least learned a tiny bit about key signatures.

Its worth a shot :)

Oh don't get me wrong I'm going to try my fucking damndest to get something in, I'm just having problems finding time to do I.

Mostly done here. Just need to work on volume/EQ and maybe try to make the ending a little less abrupt. I'm very happy with the Hiryuu parts, a little less with Strago. Damn thing can't stay in the same key for more than about 5 seconds. These two sources do not play well together. If my remix is even slightly well-received, I may take a second stab at this once I'm eliminated, using a different companion source.

The two gentlemen below have submitted their wavs. Don't forget, the Light Bracket remixing ends tomorrow night at midnight, so you've only got about 36 hours left.

I think we've got 4 submissions, and need 12 -- it would be a real shame if several people didn't enter and the bracket had huge holes in it. I believe in you guys!

Lastly, you are encouraged to post your mixes in the workshop for feedback, and if you are particularly confident, you can submit them to the OCR panel.

Do you want us to wait until Monday to post them in the forum?

That's up to you. The compo is about improving your skills, so I think posting them to the Workshop would be a good move. I don't think it would harm the compo in any way if people could hear some of the entries early. I strongly doubt that any competitors would lift ideas from their opponent's theme if they heard it on the Workshop. This is a fairly ethical community. So tldr I see no problem with it. :-)

That's up to you. The compo is about improving your skills, so I think posting them to the Workshop would be a good move. I don't think it would harm the compo in any way if people could hear some of the entries early. I strongly doubt that any competitors would lift ideas from their opponent's theme if they heard it on the Workshop. This is a fairly ethical community. So tldr I see no problem with it. :-)
Like Sixto would have anything to gain from me anyway, and I can use any advantage I can get against him. Anyone who wants a preview of the chaotic mess that is my attempt to reconcile Hiryuu with Strago may find it [thread=45444]in the Workshop[/thread]. If you feel like providing feedback, please do it soon, as I'll likely have no time to work on this tomorrow.