Pandora's Tower

XPRTNovice

So, I bought this game yesterday, and I've never been more turned off to a game in the first 30 seconds. I'm wondering if someone can open my mind to a reason why thousands of people petitioned to get it over to the US (or if it was just tacked on to Xenoblade).

Like, I didn't know you could make games with plots that shallow anymore. The opening sequence didn't even have sound - it was just ripped off classical music while something blew up and three people ran away. You learn absolutely nothing about anyone or anything in the one minute sequence.

Is this game going to get better, or is it just a poorly crafted hack-and-slash in which the core narrative conflict is that this chick is a vegetarian?

You learn more about the events behind the intro as you play through it. That said, the game definitely lacks presence. Aeron doesn't talk unless absolutely necessary, leaving his girlfriend's troubles and foibles endearing but their relationship majorly one-sided (though Aeron still shows affection through his actions).

My favourite character was the old witch by far. Her VA really nailed it. I recommend playing through the first 3 dungeons at least to get a bead on the kind of game it is.

I don't think The Last Story was any different. I think out of the 3, Xenoblade Chronicles was the only one with the real big draw, and of course was the one most people missed because it costs hundreds now. :-o

the price on XB has halved recently; ebay copies are going for 50-60 bucks. The gamestop near me even has a copy that has remained untouched for several weeks.

Re: Last Story, I think I'll probably still try it. But Pandora's Tower ( I still haven't played past the first dungeon) so far is a total joke. I'll put another 1-2 hours in it, but I'm not confident.

I wrote this a while ago:

http://imburningout.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/pandoras-tower.html

Yeah, I like the game, and I admit it takes an hour or so to really hit it's stride. The first dungeon is incredibly simple and just exists to get you used to the mechanics - and even then the game doesn't really hits stride until 3 or 4 dungeons in.

Personally I really liked it :razz: However I can see why other's wouldn't.