Nintendo DS

The Damned

Best place in PoR I've found to level at was in the Dark Academy, with the two minotaurs in the room. Not only does the Hercules ring make duel crushes a fuck of alot easier to use in later boss fight, they tend to drop the Bullova's often, which sell for a good amount. Also, it's a great place to master subweapons, since each minotaur gives 10 points...and you only need to hit them once with the subweapon to gain the points. Made mastering the javeline to get the Alcucard Spear a breeze.

Hmmm, I failed miserably at the final boss at level 50. Since I wanna see all the endings, I am first trying using the Alucard Spear. and while using the speed boost spell made it a lot easier to dodge all the stuff (or run through it) form 2 got me.

It is amazingly challenging.

Also, I managed to get through the 2 creatures room in the "bonus" area. However, I got creamed by that segment's boss. Somehow, I would need a vacuume cleaner there to make my life easier.

Level FIFTY? I whooped his ass at level 34, both as Jonathan and as Richter.

As with all bosses, he follows a predictable pattern, which can be figured out, even though it's complex. The fastest I've ever killed him (this is as a level 34 Richter mind you) was 2 teleports before he does the big explosion. I've also done a few "No Damage" final boss runs as Richter. This is one of the few games where I enjoy fighting the final boss over and over for enjoyment. It's a very well-designed battle. Some things, like doing the somersault as Jonathan or Grand Cross as Richter (or the invulnerable dash, but GC is much more fun) when he does the scythes+lavaballs attack, are brilliant for Konami to think of.

One thing I haven't figured out, however, is how to get to the nest of evil. Beaten the game twice as Jonathan, once as Richter, once as Sisters, but haven't seen anything like it.

Well, as I said, I play this battle over and over for enjoyment. This is on Normal difficulty, as I haven't bothered to play through the game on hard (Though if there's a save around right up to Dracula on Hard, even Hard max level 1, I'd certainly like to try it). If I had the necessary equipment (video capture card, video camera) I'd make a youtube of me doing this fight. There are a lot of tricks you can use, like you can smack Death as he dives down, use the limp whip (or speed up, if you're using Jonathan) to hit the fireballs, the somersault/invulnerable dash to avoid ANYTHING, or set a partner to "Stay" and switch to them right as you're about to get hit. Guess I'll have to find a way to prove I beat him @ lv34, as the rule around the internet seems to be pics or it didn't happen.

Though I will say, Dracula has a LOT of hp.

EDIT: Pics or it didn't happen! Pic1 and Pic2. Guess I levelled up once on my Jonathan save looking for breakable walls. Note that you don't get a "Clear" symbol for Richter as you can't new game + a game without items. Also the times have an hour or 2 added because it autosaves after you beat Dracula every time.

Umm for some reason, I can't switch between Jonathan and Charlotte. I'm stuck with Jonathan no matter how many times I press X. I tried restarting my DS and I tried warping. I tried calling out my partner to warp too, but it didn't work. I can only use Charlotte as a partner, but I can't ever switch to her. Is there any solution to this problem aside from starting over? I just beat Death :(

I'm starting to think the final boss in PoR is scaled. Because I get hit for about 90 HP per attack, and I am wearing the whole samurai gear. To have someone be able to kill him at level 34, without having done the quests needed to get weapons such as Alucard Spear, and without having covered 888% of the map seems a bit unlikely. Maybe at level 50 he switches his pattern a lot.

How do you get the Alucard Spear? Is it part of Wind's quests?

Master Javelin, so yeah.

I was so hoping that mastering everything would get you something neat. But the game doesn't even seem to care. Boo.

I'm going through the alternate modes right now. The sisters mode is interesting, if a bit cheesy--raping Legion in one minute? Ye-ah, balance issues here...

Why is it that in Richter mode, he never stops? The man runs like a bat out of hell, rolls when he lands, and then keeps sprinting like there's no tomorrow.

Axe Armour Mode. Um...yeah. Fun is had due to incredible cheesiness.

I got FF3 yesterday, and while I'm digging it as a whole, I've got two issues with it. One, the top screen isn't used for anything significant, aside from cinema's and the map. Why no dungeon map thats drawn out as you move, or stats to view during battle? Seems like a huge waste of potential there.

Second, there's no real need for the touch screen. I can do everything with the buttons, and usually faster to boot. Bleh.