Agreed. Even at MAGfest, out of the dozens of gamers I saw and met, I only knew of two who had a flashcart.

I would have a hard time believing that R4 even controls 90% of the *flashcart* marketshare. The M3 and CycloDS Evo have considerable followings as well.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More CO's, more unlockables, more variety in the gameplay. And I ain't too happy the CO powers got totally nerfed.

That doesn't bother me much, really. I didn't even notice that the CO powers were gone till last night. It feels like they're allowing you to do more with less. not letting you rely on the magics of anime inspired CO poses to win the battle.

I think at most 5 people in this thread own a DS flashcart.

I mostly use mine to load my GBA flashcart though. :P

*raises hand slowly...*

But mine is a SuperCard.

At MAGFest I saw 2 or 3 DSs that had white cartridges in them with a black rectangle inside. You know what that means...

Edit: Speaking of homebrew, I just got the new jEnesisDS--the first Genesis emulator WITH SOUND!

I'm also immensely enjoying QuakeDS right now.

An update on the whole "90% are pirating games in the US" thing... it seems that someone misquoted someone else. It's supposed to be 90% of DS games in Singapore are pirated. Smaller population, higher black market and pirated goods infrastructure... yeah, that seems a lot more likely.

http://kotaku.com/351725/elspa-denies-saying-90-of-americans-pirate-ds

Shitty research and misquoting... nice.

I own an R4, and am very happy with it. In addition to trying a few things before I buy them (comparing Jam Sessions to Hannah Montana: Music Jam before dropping the money was especially helpful...) and getting some games I just couldn't find through legitimate means (Electroplankton), the homebrew scene is awesome.

Anyone who hasn't tried it yet, go get Colors! from somewhere -- it's especially neat on the DS's screen.

If the DS emulated well, then how could Nintndo charge $40 a game? And then how would that effect PSP sales? Everyone gets them for emulation. If the DS did emulation better, then the PSP would lose pretty much the only thing going for it.

Think of the PSP, damn it!

So yeah...

Ninja Gaiden DS: http://ds.ign.com/articles/777/777221p1.html

Real iffy about it... controlled by the stylus entirely...?

I miss old-school Ninja Gaiden ;_;

Since you're iffy about it, you can try and download a demo of it at any store with a DS download station. I've tried it once. The controls take some getting used to, that much is certain. I can't say that I really took enough time with it though to get used to it. Maybe I'll give it another go some other time.

Kirby was stylus only, and it worked out great. It's all about how much effort the developer put into making it work.

Well, roms and emulators technically are illegal anyway, they can charge $40 a game. Also, my friend bought this one card and he can download about 7 DS games into it. It works like an emulator. he wasn't sure if it was illegal or not though.

So I'm enjoying Advance Wars:DoR pretty well. I am especially liking the WiFi battles, except for every time I'm about to win, the punks I'm battling against either disconnect or surrender. Granted, in either scenario I am counted as the winner, but sill...there's nothing like delivering that final death blow to your opponent. I'm left feeling a distinct sense of loss. :whatevaa:

So I'm enjoying Advance Wars:DoR pretty well. I am especially liking the WiFi battles, except for every time I'm about to win, the punks I'm battling against either disconnect or surrender. Granted, in either scenario I am counted as the winner, but sill...there's nothing like delivering that final death blow to your opponent. I'm left feeling a distinct sense of loss. :whatevaa:

Some time when I get my wifi connection for my ds settled, I'd like to challenge you. Don't worry, I'm one of those that actually like to see through a game to the end :)!!