OCR02878 - Sonic the Hedgehog 'Childhood (Act 2)'

djpretzel

That intro was pretty cool with the Sega whisper and kids laughing. Having it go on throughout the ReMix really nails the childhood idea and I liked that. The synths in general really made me a fan of this mix, because it's pretty awesome to hear the original melody play out with that much booming energetic trance behind it. This take on GHZ is more my speed. Great debut, man.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! A fellow Sonic the Hedgehog EDM ReMixer! This one is a really solid dance track that has an arrangement that stays fresh throughout the entire four-and-a-half-minute run of the track.

The only thing I felt could've helped this track was a little more mixing work to clean up some of the muddier areas, and in particular, I thought that the song was a little too "top-heavy" at the 0:21 mark (not enough bass or low-midrange, even for the pre-drop part of the track) and the kick drum at that time marker sounded a little too much like a weak slap and could've had a little more punch to it (the same could sorta be said for most of the drums here, too).

I only say this because it's an issue I'm trying to fix in my own Sonic EDM mixes, and it really is pretty nitpicky overall, because I love this track! ^^

Keep going, Paul John! I really like your debut, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can do. :)