OCR02967 - Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess 'Lady of the Lake'

djpretzel

This is an excellent mix! Makes me all the more excited for the upcoming 2999th mix, which will mean I'll finally be able to torrent another mass set of the last 500 songs and add this to my collection!

Seriously an awesome work. This one's going on a few mix-CDs.

Man, I am in love with Lake Hylia, and now, as it were, with this ReMix. The sunlit waters and euphoric chillaxation are present in spades; I really dig the signature change as it brought a heightened sense of fun and a newfound focus on the very slick bass. Yes sir, this is a wonderful song and that's the truth of the matter!

Light and gorgeous, this is exactly what a beautiful lake should sound like. The signature change was a nice way to continue the mix while adding a new element to it. Kinda reminds me at some points what Lake Hylia would sound like if they tried to add some of the "beauty" workings in terms of arrangement and instrumentation of Dire Dire Docks into it. That's probably just me hearing it, but eh, it's a compliment anyway. Wonderful ReMix.

A very pleasant tune. I quite liked the shift in the middle, worked very well and gave the arrangement a unique feel. I thought there was a flute towards the beginning that was a little bit piercing. On the other hand I quite liked the gating applied to the pad to make it more rhythmic, that was not something I expected but worked very well, and in a sense even preshadowed the more beat-oriented later half.

edit: Not sure about the piercing flute comment, it might be these particular headphones I happen to be wearing right now

Edited by evktalo

• 3 years later...