Artist Appreciation Competition 2015

shadow24

I appreciate the extension. I got 95% of mine written today, started around 9am. Then got some bad news, not to mention the blizzard that is hitting the east coast, turned a 25 minute drive into an hour and a half, then on the way back.

If it weren't for the extension I'd be trying to sloppy record right now and it'd come out sounding awful, so I am very appreciative, and I hope nobody takes it as an unfairness that we get an extension here, since at least Ghetto Lee Lewis and I seem to have started today.

Aaaand I lost all my time and had to submit unfinished because of work and other things. Thanks, Obama.

Edited by Brandon Strader

Ok, Charlie Round Two remixes are up and the voting thread is open. Check the first page post. I've also revised / added some details regarding how to vote when there are less than four entries.

1) Any remixer competing in the round who votes will automatically receive 3pts towards their entry because they voted.

2) If you are competing in the round and there are only three entries then vote for your top two.

3) If you are competing in the round and there are only two entries then make a short post to get your free points (Ex: *bump*).

4) Non-competitors voting in a round with two entries can vote for their top two.

If Brandon submits the collab version of his remix later, I will add it to the bonus download after the final voting session ends. This offer of adding updated / extra songs is still in effect and applies to anyone who wants to take advantage of it (just PM me).

Edited by shadow24

Mine needs a LOT of work, amped guitars, different heavier drums, fleshed out with some synths or something to make it more interesting, and the other collab parts that weren't done yet... dunno if it'll be done in time for the bonus pack but we'll see! It's pretty embarrassingly bad right now like an 80s metal band's garage demo recorded on a cassette :<

Too bad the excitement for the compo kind of died out at the end...

Great song brandon, love the heavy glam vibe you got going on

Also, I was hearing yesterday all the songs and I think mine works really well as an ending or an epilogue for the compo.

It was a great experience and I learned a lot. Thanks Shadow, hoping to enter one of your compos again.

Hey sorry for my tardiness. I've paid Brandon and MushroomSword for the last round.

To finalize this competition I still need payment info for gercr and Cosmic (I'll send Garpocalypse's with these final two when I get word or within a week if I hear nothing).

Thanks everyone! We have some great songs now :)

Oh yeah, If you think I can improve this format for future contests please offer me feedback. Brandon has already expressed a desire for a clearcut rules section. Things like the time of year being hosted (Magfest conflict), the time periods for mixing (Saturday night EST deadline too early?, would Sunday night be a good deadline?). I'm interested to hear about any problems that participants who couldn't submit ran into and if there is something that could be done differently to alleviate these issues. Did voting feel fair? If not suggestions to better the experience are welcome.

Edited by shadow24

First, I want to say a big thanks to Darren for putting on this competition and for the generous prizes. It definitely got me motivated to work on some music after quite some time.

I agree with the suggestions from Brandon that you mentioned; especially the Sunday deadline. It's helpful to have the full weekend block at the end to finish up your track, rather than split it at the beginning and end of a round.

Thanks for all the love peeps, I'm not used to these types of compliments though. Anyways I've got to solve a funding issue if I want to make this a yearly occurrence otherwise it'll be an on and off again every two or three years thing. Ryan mentioned possibly trying a kickstarter thing to help with it so I'll see. I actually owe Shariq a lot for the success too since he started the megaman competitions (inspiration) and I borrowed heavily from his format.

Edited by shadow24